upgrading from ATI Radeon 6990m to NVIDIA GeForce 780m need help

gsx

hello, guys I just cant find (or I dont know how) what additional things do I need to have to install 780m in my alienware m17xr3 with currently broken ATI Radeon 6990m GPU. Is heatsink gona be ok? Or I need a new one? Is there any diference between ati heatsink and NVIDIA?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Was this a warranty issue or are you upgrading on your own? I'd be interested in doing this as well.

I'm upgrading on my own. Don't know why but my 6990m got toasted temps never went higher then 83C ;/

I just cooked my 7970m as well. Stupid cryptocoin mining addiction... I have been trying to figure out if my 7970m heatsink would work with the 780m/880m for the past 48 hours. Everyon seems to say it will work but noone can confirm this. If i dont have to buy a heatsink i would love to try out an 880m!