770m driver installation questions

Hi All,

Well, I've managed to install the new CPU (i7-920mx) & the GTX 770m today.

The i7 went in like a dream with a 3DMark Vantage score of 14004 (CPU only - originally 6174 with the older i3-330m CPU)

The GTX-770m also went in relatively easily, but the laptop did not recognize the GPU (I can use the laptop as normal), nor did the NVIDIA 332.21 drivers when I tried installing them,

My next course of action was to modify the INF file. After a bloody lot of head scratching I believe I got the INF file modified.

I then tried installing the modified driver, it goes through the process until a Driver Signiture Enforcement message appears, it asks me if I wanted to continue or quit, I press continue, the installer then decides it doesn't like my decision & ends the install process! Bugger!!

Scratch that, I have also tried modifying the slightly older 331.82 Drivers with the same results, looks like I am getting real confused when I get to the point where you need to this part as suggested at the guru3d forums (CTRL+F for searching in notepad) -Search "NTamd64.6.1" for 7. everytime I search for NTamd64.6.1 nothing appears in the results box! I know I managed to do this yesterday but was halted by the Driver Signiture Enforcement!!

I have looked around for info on how to disable the Driver Signiture Enforcement

(see the following thread: Permanently disable driver signature enforcement on Win 7 x64)

But it seems that since microsoft released SP1 for Windows 7, they have disabled the capability to disable the Driver Signiture Enforcement feature!

Has anybody here managed to bypass it?

Hope someone here can help!

Kind Regards,

Keith.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry I've not been around to get my problem sorted, I have been in and out of hospital.

This is what I have managed to do so far......

I have managed to eliminate the Driver Signature Enforcement problem by restarting my lapop & pressing F8, but will still need to get around the driver not finding the graphics card.

I have downloaded modded drivers with the GTX770m already added into the .inf file but have had no luck so far, again the driver doesn't see any card.

I think my best avenue to success is to upload my own .inf & see if svl7 will be able to help me?! I am still looking to upload my .inf file here but can't until I get my posts up!

I'm also having major issues with the cd drive in my m15x not ejecting discs etc, would it be best if I started another thread for advice?!

Cheers,

Keith.

[h=3][/h]

Hi,

I have been trying for ages to add an attachment to this post, I have read the instructions as provided but everytime I attempt to add the attachment I get a message stating it is an invalid format?!

The file is called nvtsi (setup information) I'm not sure if this is the correct file needed to mod the driver?

Svl7 If you can help me get this resolved & the driver installed, there will definitely a contribution for your time & help.

Kind regards,

Keith.

• 2 months later...