332.21 Whql Nvidia Geforce Driver GT 650M

smirkndemon

After installing and removing countless NVidia drivers and working with MSI afterburner and Inspector I almost gave up completely and threw my Alienware M14x R2 out the window.

I'm happy to say that with the installation of the new driver, 332.21 from NVidia I am seeing significant FPS increases in games such as AC4, Metro Last Light and Call of duty Ghosts. In fact for the first time since I bought this laptop I am actually happy with it.

How is your experience been with the new driver? Any tips on maximizing performance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

To make better performance sure is to have great performanced system

Another think is if you use ssd disk? i use now ssd from last some days and i see difference in 3d mark 11 around 170-230 pts. I checked in a game Skyrim around 2 fps more smoothly was going game. Meaby i am in mistake but i feel diffrence. BTW Driver 332 is only fixing some bugs and propper working in SLI, I dont know if i helped You.

i am not sure about that, but it did make ahuge difference.

i tried that on BF4 on ultra for like 2 hours, i had pretty good FPS and no throttling or fps drops the game runs perfectly

i tried also SC2 and D3 and it also run perfectly with no throttling problems

i also had the problem with my alienware m14x r2, untill now i used the old version of nvidia(307) because thats the only driver that wouldnt throttle my gpu

with this driver things works perfectly from my experience i recommand this driver for now(untill i find bugs or w\e)

btw, dont know if that matters so much but i'm using master cool pad.

I see in the release notes they have re added boost back to the 650m. When it's on the boost powerstate, it will throttle. So I'm almost positive this driver throttles again. I will not be updating unless for some magical reason it no longer throttles on the boost powerstate and someone can post some proof.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 770m, I have seen very little fps increase (which is ok I guess for the driver :) ) However, be warned guys, this driver made my idle temps from like 47 - 55 celsius. So i downgraded. Im at 311.48 but going back to upgrade sson to 331.63 (one of the only good recent drivers, I recommend it)

• 4 weeks later...