Alienware M17x R2 VBios Flash failed (Recovery Help)

islandspapand

Halo techinferno

Newbie here i stumbled upon this post after flashing my vbios failed and as far as i can see this is the only way i can recover them.

Recovering a notebook GPU from a bad VBIOS flash

To svl7

I have gotten as far as removing the Vbios IC.

where i am stuck is what program do i need and how/where do i find a improvised PCB.

Thanks in advanced

You need a programmer that is compatible with the specific flash part and a kind of adapter, or what I can offer is selling you a programmed vbios chip, so you only need to do some soldering.

Deepending on the price it sounds great :D

Though i would still like to learn how to as i would like to start playing around with some of my gpu's and there vbios and its always nice to have a "fail safe recovery" :D

so i would have to buy something like this ?:

NEW V5.91 Russian Mini TL866A USB Universal BIOS Programmer 13143 Chips+9 adapters+IC extractor+SOP28/SOP8/PLCC20/28/32/44-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

i have installed a Nvidia K3000M from a Dell M6700 but can't seem to find any drivers the get accepted even if i try to force them through i get a error about not compatible with windows version, any way to re-flash so i am able to use my Laptop in the mean time and still game :D?

=============================================================================================================================

Info:

Gfx Info: ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Crossfire)

Model: Alienware M17x R2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...