GPU recommendation for Clevo P170EM?

MasterInTheUniverse

Hi! I'am building a Clevo P170EM and I'm in the pipeline.

A few hours ago I bought i7 3630QM and 16GB Komputerbay Black RAM Komputerbay 16 Go (2x 8 Go) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Memoria SODIMM Laptop 204-Pin 10-10-10-27 colore nero: Amazon.it: Informatica

so the Clevo is almost finished:

Clevo P170EM (H77M)

Cpu i7 3630QM

RAM 16GB

VGA????

SSD Samsung 830 128GB

HDD WD 750GB Caviar Black

Mast DVD

Wifi Intel n6300

Which graphics carda do you advise me?

These cards will work:

Clevo Laptop Parts :: P150EM/P151EM/P170EM - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

Also the 8970m will work. It comes with a better heatsink than the 7970m, but the memory cannot be overclocked on the 8970m, making the 7970m the better card.

So I would say get the 670mx, or the 7970m if you are willing to spend a little more. The 680m's high price can no longer be justified over the 7970m since the 7970m driver issues have been corrected. The 675mx is substantially slower than the 7970m while costing roughly the same, so it's not worth getting.

You might be able to find better prices on ebay, but these all come with heatsinks, while cheaper ebay cards might not. Also you cannot use dell (alienware) cards, so if you get an ebay card make sure it is a clevo card.

I usually play bf4 batman splinter cell tomb raider hitman fifa 14

Nvidia GeForce Dell GTX 680M 2GB DDR5 for clevo Alienware upgrademonkey | eBay

this isn't a bad price.

I would like to buy 675MX 7970M or 680M

i want an enough number of fps for playing bf4 1080p in High-ultra

Oh I see that you're from Italy so you'll get hammered due to import fees if you order from rjtech. Ordering from upgrademonkey on ebay avoids that? If not then the rjtech 7970m is much cheaper (475 USD).

As for 680m vs 7970m just go with whatever you can get cheaper. They're both basically equal.

Oh I see that you're from Italy so you'll get hammered due to import fees if you order from rjtech. Ordering from upgrademonkey on ebay avoids that? If not then the rjtech 7970m is much cheaper (475 USD).

As for 680m vs 7970m just go with whatever you can get cheaper. They're both basically equal.

This, if you're going for the best performance.

If the P170EM can handle the 8970M or 780M those should be candidates as well, not sure if anybody's got either one working on it though

Guess since the GTX880M will just be a more expansive and less OCable (8GB) re-brand we will see the 780M for some more time around being the cream of the crop. ;)

I have it working, but still need to re-write the ACPI table in order for it to switch power modes automatically, which is a headache as Clevos original has so many compiling errors...will get back to it sometime after the P37xSM Mods are done...