Y510p Speaker and sound jack output problem

Qitay

Hi, I have new y510p with single 755m / DVD and installed win 7 and 8.1. for about a week since I get this laptop headphones and speakers were fine, but then I found that after connecting headphones to the sound jack they are not detected and built in speakers still play.

I checked with other headphones and it was all the same, when I switched to windows 7 it was also the same so it's not a driver problem.

I thought that maybe sound card or something is broken but the headphones are playing with speakers simultaneously, so it's something with switch mechanism between speakers and jack output, do you know how can I fix this? I thought about sending it under warranty but it doesn't look like a big enough problem to do it...

That's odd.

I run 7 64 Pro myself and don't have that issue. Sounds like a problem with the laptop itself. If your within your 30 days I'd get a replacement through wherever you purchased it as it's probably much less time than going through Lenovo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have the exact same issue with my Computer (Clevo 370ET) and I can't see the problem being anything else then a hardware issue which is caused by the audio detection sensor to not work. A small temporary solution for me is to press the mute button on my laptop to disable the speakers (Sound icon becomes redmarked in Windows) but I still can hear to sound in my earphones. The annoying thing with this solution is that if you adjust the volume trough Windows Speaker Volume Control the mute fades and the speaker music goes on which is very embarsing if your sitting in a silent office with a couple of people.

I don't want to send my computer away and be without it for a 1-2 weeks to get this fixed, but eventually I will.

I have checked plenty and plenty of similar problems trough search engines and this case seems to be rare and unsolved. Which is a sad one. :(

EDIT: strangely my sound jack sensor started working from today. I have spent so much time on trying to fix this and now it just works.. How weird!