How to stop Bluray from "polling"

diggum

I was wondering if the community had chanced upon a hardware fix to stop the Blu-ray from consistently polling,

drives (pun intended) me nuts.... if there was a way to disable the thing in bios that'd be grand

PS first post after joining :)

• 4 weeks later...

ok, i was hoping for someone to help me out, but what i have realized is, that at the moment the drive polls, it seems a 2nd "High Definition Audio Controller" under system devices pops up.....it has a yellow exclamation mark against it, (not started) and then it disappears itself, and no more polling...i have brought down the frequency of the polling by (sheepishly i must add) by disabling the "prefetch" in registry ...that remained enabled on my 840pro......despite going through the ssdreview's advice

• 3 months later...