Lenovo Y410p - Nvidia Optimus

Bingo123

I have had two Y410p's, one with a single 750M and another with a single 755M, and both seemed to switch between the Intel 4600 and the Nvidia card just fine.

Should have mentioned that the processor is selected based on the program being run - you can set up programs that always run on the Nvidia card in the Nvidia control panel. I don't see "optimus" branding on anything but it's pretty much the same functionality.

Well, does the gpu switch to hd 4600 when it's running on battery only but not during for example watching a youtube video while connected to power source, assuming you didn't chose any programs to run with nvidia from the nvidia control panel

I'll have to verify this when I get home today, but I don't think I've seen the card being used affected by the current power source. I've definitely seen it use the Nv card while playing games on battery, and I'm pretty sure I've seen desktop apps report the card as an Intel 4600 while I've been plugged in (but that may have been a lie, wasn't really checking for it...) I'll look into this later.

Checked it, and as far as I can tell whether it is plugged in or not makes no difference to Optimus. Being on battery does significantly kill the clock speed of the Nv card though, it seems to max at 135MHz on battery which is really quite bad. Don't know if that's an artificial limitation (I expect it is to at least some degree) or if the battery really can't provide enough juice to do much more.

Checked it, and as far as I can tell whether it is plugged in or not makes no difference to Optimus. Being on battery does significantly kill the clock speed of the Nv card though, it seems to max at 135MHz on battery which is really quite bad. Don't know if that's an artificial limitation (I expect it is to at least some degree) or if the battery really can't provide enough juice to do much more.

Thanks for checking.

I guess the limitation is intentional to save battery, anyway hd 4600 is still enough for some light graphics stuff.