is 16GB possible in an M14xR1??

derdy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

No! I attempted to do the same thing, but I doubled check with the tech support from dell. They clearly said that it will not work! I was hoping someone could try it out and maybe post their experience to see if it actually works or not!

Thinking about upgrading my memory as well as going to an SSD. Is CL9 that much better in speed (especially for gaming) than CL11 memory?

You probably wouldn't notice the difference yourself but you would see it if you benchmarked.

My rule with ram is to buy the biggest, fastest, best RAM I can afford (<<<keyword) that will still run in my machine. If my machine ever dies and I buy a new one, chances are i can then buy a machine without upgraded ram and switch in my old ram.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was very reluctant to upgrade but thanks to this thread that convinced me, I purchased and installed two Kingston 8GB PC3 12800 RAMs and they're running well.

Initially tried with just one 8GB RAM new with 4GB old RAM but laptop wouldn't start and beeped.

Windows Performance/Ecperience score was 7.9 with 8GB total RAMs and now with 16GB it scores higher 7.9!! ahahha oh well that is max score :P

I hope that I did not waste money for this upgrade though (-_-)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...