y510 regularly stuck on LENOVO boot screen

detonator_x

hi, my fairly new y510 now likes to get stuck on the Lenovo boot screen, sometimes taking a minute or almost 2 to boot to desktop.

when I got this computer boot times was like 10 seconds and that was with the 1tb hard drive 5.4k hdd, it now has a 256gb Samsung 840 evo and boot was almost instantly.

I went to bios and didn't find anything out of place, also tried reloading defaults. with no luck..

anyone got any suggestions??

I have had an issue with mine where it will show Lenovo then go to the blank screen and stay there. Usually it'll stay on the blank screen for a moment then show the win 8 login. Only happened twice. I also had an issue when I upgraded to win 8.1. The pc ran so slow that it was unusable. It would take 30 min to open anything even task manager. I had to do a hard reset and factory recover on it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Didn't you replace something else? Cause I had the same problem after I replaced new Intel Wifi 7260 card (as I think now, it was some pre-production junk from e-bay with non-working bloetooth etc.). After that I changed card again to Intel 6235, and everything is OK now..

So this will be a problem.. My 7260 was only the N, non-dual band version.. but bluetooth didnt work and I had sleep mode issues. So many problems just cause Wifi Card.. Now I have Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235 (dualband with bluetooth) and everything is perfect.. [h=3][/h]