[HARDWARE MOD] Improve PCH & VRM cooling

daheadtuzi

No i got p170sm case and its under case omg

So it's entirely covered by plastic on the P17xSM (like on EM & HM), but not on the P15xSM housing?

Then only a complete dismantle of the Notebook will expose it. And then you need to cut that plastic in order to gain any space to cool it. ;)

My p150em pch also gets very hot (95c while gaming).

I guess ill do the pad cooling too.

Still have to figure out how to get the keyboard out without making scratches.. (any tips?)

Done a couple of times on older notebooks with a screwdriver but I don't want any ugly scratches..

Edit:

Damn, just read about the plastic on the p150em and also saw it on my laptop..

perhaps I should cut it away but I don't want to damage the motherboard :disturbed:

And aren't the intel pch's rated for 100 / 110c? Ive never heard of a dead pch..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Perma, in the link a few pages back you mentioned you were using a 120hz panel... Is that in a P157SM? Any idea where I might source one? Is it a drop in replacement? I recall seeing them on some of the bigger notebooks... Would be really nice, as I can't always drag an extra monitor around to play games on...

Hey Perma, in the link a few pages back you mentioned you were using a 120hz panel... Is that in a P157SM? Any idea where I might source one? Is it a drop in replacement? I recall seeing them on some of the bigger notebooks... Would be really nice, as I can't always drag an extra monitor around to play games on...

It's the P170HM3, the last single GPU 3D system they made till today... :(

Ohh guys I have p150sm and my PCH is 75 at idle and around 103,5 C at load.... I just got my laptop few days ago so its new, should i be worried and send it back for check? Or its actually normal temp? Also my hd8970m is going to 89C... where it should stay at 75 I think?

• 2 months later...