What exactly would a higher DPI mouse do compared to a generic mouse such as one that comes with a laptop? Used to have a Diamondback but the middle wheel broke, so I have nothing to compare now.

• 2 weeks later...

i used to try some types of mouse.g9x,xai,deathadder,abyssus,ec2 evo,kinzu red pro edition.

I think the best mouse was g9x.cause it's more balance mouse in fps/rts games.The reason is there is 2 types of shell you can choose.if you are going to play fps ,you can use the bigger shell. I saw many pro gamers use the smaller one or don't use any of the shell.If you're heavy fps gamer, i would suggest steelseries sensei.the best fps mouse nowadays because of the balanced shape.it's suit most of the people.

• 2 weeks later...

Logitech G5 and now G500. Love that mouse. I'm not a claw grip guy so my G9 was uncomfortable, but the full grip of the G5/G500 is so comfy for my hand.

I have a g700 but I'm not a fan of the way it's shaped and the wireless.

I've had my MX518 for half a decade and I can't use any other mouse. I bought a G500 to replace it but it just didn't feel the same so I gave that to my brother.

I had an alienware TactX mouse for a short time (about 2 months) before it randomly died. Just took my MX518 back out and used it again. Pretty sad that the alienware mouse had a 30day warranty while Logitech has a 1-year. I have yet to replace it and it still runs like a champ today

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using the G9X for quite some time. I have a brand new one sitting around just in case this one ever goes bad. Logitech has really good customer service though, they've replaced any that went bad for me. The only issue I have with it is that the middle click is very annoying. I've since then rebinded it to the mouse tilt buttons.

I found the "E-3lue Mazer Type-R" to be the best marriage between price and quality. The mouse is under $20 and isn't super bulky. It's also great that it can hit 2500 DPI if need be. Amazon has it up for sale currently for I think $13.

Come on guys, you need skills to win, not super mouses :D

JK. Anyway I dislike using the fatter non-ambidextrous mouses.. The other time I bought a DeathAdder, I totally did not like the feel at all and returned it back for the cheaper Abyssus.

A long while later, I upgraded to the Orochi. As someone who uses the claw/finger-tip hybrid style, it suits me quite nicely even though it's slightly smaller than expected.

I'm all for form and substance so how sleek it looks is also important to me.

Has anybody personally played with Logitech G9x or Roccat Kone?What are your views on it?

Played with the Logitech G9x - not my type of mouse though. But i am used to high-end stuff like the ouroboros from razer.

I would go with the Kone if i were you. Only heard positive things about it.

I've tried the Logitech G9x and I feel it's much to bulky, however I really like the Logitech G500, which I'm using at the moment. Death Adder is very good and has a nice feel to it.

I'm actually considering getting the Asus because it the specs are great and it looks absolutely fantastic, but right now the G500 is fine even after heavy use for a long time.

Another happy Steelseries Sensei user here. Really light mouse though and sometimes i wish there was additional weights for it, to give more precise control.

I've been using a Deathadder for the last few years. I like the precision and how it lies in my hand. I tried changing to a Steelseries Sensei once but i returned it for another Deathadder because the Steelseries mouse felt so small compared to the Deathadder.

The top of the Deathadder is made from this soft almost rubber-like plastic which feels great but the sides are made of normal plastic which gets slippery way too fast after using it for a while.

Don't know if they still sell it but I have been using the Razer Lachesis since 2006. It took a (painful) while to get used to the mouse as I was used to a full grip instead of claw grip required to use it. But once I did it has had amazing accuracy and is pretty light. Don't really see myself buying anything else as long as it keeps working haha. I have never really tried using the non-ambidextrous mice though.

I like the simple design and ergonomics of my sidewinder x5. Bit expensive when new, but I got mine at ebay for bargain.

I love the sidewinder mice. I have a Sidewinder and two sidewinder X5s. I like the weight system on the sidewinder non-x.

before that I had a deathadder, copperhead, and Habu.

I'm using a Mad Catz RAT7 since March and quite frankly I couldn't be happier... The mouse is very comfortable, and being an MMO gamer it always useful to have 10 buttons on your mouse for hotkeyings and such :)

Oh and it looks KICKASS imo, really satisfied with it :)

I got a steelseries sensei RAW a few months back and it's absolutely great. Prior to using it I was on a Logitech g3 for at least 6 or 7 years. Ambidex designs seem like the best choice for my claw grip and the sensei RAW (or just the sensei line) really perform and feel nice. Would recommend