After trying the cyborg rat 7 (to flat and uncomfortable wide for my feeling), the razer imperator (sides are cheapest glossy plastic) and the logitech g700, latter is my favorite. it is overall good processed an really precise. the only disturbing thing is the battery life of about 24h in gaming mode.

I'm loving my rat 5. The extending palm rest and the thumb ridge thing really made it ergonomic. The only real problem I have with it is that the middle mouse click is sometimes double clicking. As I only really use it for opening tabs and closing them. It really doesn't matter to me.

Logitech split development into Setpoint G and Setpoint P. P was developed for newer peripherals while G remained largely the same for gaming mice. Eventually G was superceded by "Logitech Gaming Software". You'll have to upgrade manually if you're still on Setpoint.

Hey guys. I have been an Orochi user for a long time. I have always thought it was too small, like a travel mouse, but loved it otherwise and eventually got used to the diminutive size. I have been especially fond of it because it is Bluetooth and I hate wires and don't care for dongles tying up USB ports. I could not find another Bluetooth gaming/performance mouse that looked like it would be any good.

After moving to a dual boot Windows 7/8 setup, I got tired of having to frequently delete and re-pair it after switching from one OS to another. For some reason, perhaps due to Windows 8 being semi-crappy, repairing it in Windows 8 is sometimes an onerous task. So, I purchased a Logitech G700 and like it pretty well. I picked it up on sale at Best Buy for $59. I definitely like the fact that it is larger and fits my hand better. The battery life is not great, even with a higher mAh battery. The USB corded option is good for recharging, but the fat cable sucks. The USB cable for the Orochi is awesome... thin, braided and hardly know it is there. I don't like wires, but when you need one because of a dead battery, having one like the Orochi is superior. It's unfortunate that it cannot recharge the batteries through that cable like the G700.

The reason I am posting is to ask if any of you G700 owners have noticed an issue with the software. While it runs, it is causing both of my GPUs to boost into performance state and stay there for as long as the software is running. It even does it after the software is minimized to the system tray. The Logitech software is really great, except for this one issue. I like that the software has game-specific profiles. If I shut down the software, my GPUs instantly go back to normal function. This is not a big deal most of the time, but when my system is idle I would like the GPUs to go into a low power state as they are designed to, and the only way I have found to make that happen is to shut the software down. The current version is "Logitech Gaming Software 8.40.83" and I don't see a place on the Logitech Support page to select an older version as an option.

The Logitech software is really great, except for this one issue. I like that the software has game-specific profiles. If I shut down the software, my GPUs instantly go back to normal function. This is not a big deal most of the time, but when my system is idle I would like the GPUs to go into a low power state as they are designed to, and the only way I have found to make that happen is to shut the software down. The current version is "Logitech Gaming Software 8.40.83" and I don't see a place on the Logitech Support page to select an older version as an option.

Hello there, i am not g700 owner yet ,but you can add me to the Logitech side as from years i rest my palm on Logitech mice.

So i dont know why your gpus act like that with logi software but here is what i do with it.

Uninstall, fresh install , enter the logi software make at least 3 profiles that works and are suitable for you , save them on mouse memory , uninstall the logi software and you are all set.

i do use the logi software only just for set up on the fly options.

My mice list: g9x , g400 , g500 , cm spawn( worst mouse for me ever> fatigue my hands).

Gaming now on g400.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys. I have been an Orochi user for a long time. I have always thought it was too small, like a travel mouse, but loved it otherwise and eventually got used to the diminutive size. I have been especially fond of it because it is Bluetooth and I hate wires and don't care for dongles tying up USB ports. I could not find another Bluetooth gaming/performance mouse that looked like it would be any good.

After moving to a dual boot Windows 7/8 setup, I got tired of having to frequently delete and re-pair it after switching from one OS to another. For some reason, perhaps due to Windows 8 being semi-crappy, repairing it in Windows 8 is sometimes an onerous task. So, I purchased a Logitech G700 and like it pretty well. I picked it up on sale at Best Buy for $59. I definitely like the fact that it is larger and fits my hand better. The battery life is not great, even with a higher mAh battery. The USB corded option is good for recharging, but the fat cable sucks. The USB cable for the Orochi is awesome... thin, braided and hardly know it is there. I don't like wires, but when you need one because of a dead battery, having one like the Orochi is superior. It's unfortunate that it cannot recharge the batteries through that cable like the G700.

The reason I am posting is to ask if any of you G700 owners have noticed an issue with the software. While it runs, it is causing both of my GPUs to boost into performance state and stay there for as long as the software is running. It even does it after the software is minimized to the system tray. The Logitech software is really great, except for this one issue. I like that the software has game-specific profiles. If I shut down the software, my GPUs instantly go back to normal function. This is not a big deal most of the time, but when my system is idle I would like the GPUs to go into a low power state as they are designed to, and the only way I have found to make that happen is to shut the software down. The current version is "Logitech Gaming Software 8.40.83" and I don't see a place on the Logitech Support page to select an older version as an option.

i hate windows 8 because it just doesn't work with the Orochi in my experience. I have constant connection issues where I have to fight the machine to connect back to it. I did a clean install and I just cannot get the mouse to pair now. I do believe the problem to be linked to the fact that windows 8 has their own drivers for Bluetooth that messes with other hardware.

I actually got that sorted with the Bluetooth drivers and had it working fine, except for dual booting Win7/8 caused me to have to re-pair it all the time and I just got sick of having to do that. I would have to delete the device, scan for it and pair it all over again every time I switched between OS.

• 2 weeks later...

I own the Microsoft G400 and the Roccat Kone (first version).

Both are great mice, for me the G400 is a bit more comfortable,

but the illumination of the Kone looks just amazing.

You can also change the weight of the Kone, but I don't feel any advantageg of that.

I used to use the G9x until the wire coming out of the mouse started to have connection problems. Probably just due to my travelling with it all the time. It was a really good mouse, loved the feel of it and all. But since it stopped working, I picked up a Corsair Vengeance M90, and I'm loving it. It feels really great and is nicely weighted, though I don't take full advantage of all its buttons most of the time, but I love having the option to if I want :D

Stay away from laser mice. I've owned lots of mice and I settled on Logitech G400 which is considered as one of the best mice to date. Others are Razer Deathadder and Zowie AM. Sensor is nearly perfect.

I still got Deathadder, G500, G9 but none of them are as good as G400.

I am still using my Microsoft Sidewinder X5 that I purchased back in 2007, this thing has yet to fail me and has always been a reliable input when gaming. I liked the option to change the weight of the mouse. I paired this with a Razer eXactmat, seems to be a good combo for me!

Does anyone know if the newer Nagas with the 6 buttons (I'm guessing designed for games like DotA and LoL) are more responsive than the 12 button MMO ones? I was thinking about getting an Epic to replace my wired one, but the 6 button one seems a bit cheaper.

had recently byued a Razer Taipan. it's ambidexterious mouse and beware, the two buttons on the side is shared. perfectly precise mouse, but with my usb 2.0 there's a lag :). so I changed it for Abyss. razers mose is the best so far I had in hands using models for almost decade now