Looking for wireless usb /hdmi

goodman

I have a few questions, sorry if this is not the right sub forum for this.

1. anyone know of any decent wireless usb adapters (usb from computer to wireless to usb female)?
  2. Anyone know if the Tronsmart T1000 would work for streaming display to a oculus rift or any other display, if not any other suggestions for under $50?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a tv that can use Intel WIDI i think its called then there should be some adapters on the marked you can use..

Aftermarked wireless hdmi doesnt work as they promise.. To many drops and stuff.. the few i have tried at least...

But never tried WIDI..

I have a few questions, sorry if this is not the right sub forum for this.

1. anyone know of any decent wireless usb adapters (usb from computer to wireless to usb female)?
  2. Anyone know if the Tronsmart T1000 would work for streaming display to a oculus rift or any other display, if not any other suggestions for under $50?

Thanks

I think the only good way right now is intel WIDI.. I have tried a few other types of wireless hdmi and they dont work as good as they should ( to many drops and stuff)

• 4 weeks later...

Getting anywhere near USB not to mention HDMI data rates over the air is going to be tricky with current hardware. Streaming works well enough because of compression but raw data transfer is not going to be much faster than a fast wifi connection.

WIDI is essentially streaming, and it looks like that's the best option available at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought myself a TP-Link TL-WDN4200 as a temporary alternative for my Intel N-2230 (latency and regular disconnects) while I await for my 7260-AC to arrive. I'm afraid it may perform even better than the 7260 ...

• 9 months later...

The thing with Wireless-Display-Setups of any kind (Miracast, WiDi, etc.) at the moment is, that you`re going to see a rather big latency. Additionally I'm pretty sure, that you won't be able to get the full 90.FPS "across the air", escpecially not in 1440p, as would be needed for using with the Rift.

Or did I missunderstand and you don't want to use this for the Rift?