y510p recovery media torrent

daan

What's the trick to burning the third iso? It wont fit on any dvd-rw I have.

Same question here. Third iso is too large for a DVD disc, so what are the install instructions? Just unpack the third (and fourth?) iso's and there are factory install software executables? Thanks!

Same question here. Third iso is too large for a DVD disc, so what are the install instructions? Just unpack the third (and fourth?) iso's and there are factory install software executables? Thanks!

You need a dual layer dvd for this. I have used it, works perfectly.

Good luck.

P.S - Dual layer dvds have size capacity of 8.5 GB

Thanks for sharing!

But what exactly do these discs do? Do they only reinstall Windows 8(.1?) or do they also recreate the recovery partitions (One key recovery) + are the default programs (youcam, powerDVD,...) included?

Is it possible to reinstall windows (+OKR?) to another disk or M.2 SSD with these discs? Can they be put on USB instead of a DVD?

And is does it matter which version of y510p you have (mine is from Belgium (Dutch OS),has a 755m and azerty-keyboard,...)?

btw please seed! (currently downloading @40-60KB/s, it's something :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! Is there a trick to install this recovery discs from a usb drive?! I'm asking because I have a y510p with sli cards so there is no drive. I tried to write it with ultra iso on usb drive but I got an error after installation star. If any body done it from usb or external hdd please respond! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
attached is the torrent file to the y510p recovery ISO images from lenovo. It was painful to obtain those so I'm saving you the hustle.

just download the file and rename the file (just delete the .txt extension)

[ATTACH]9992[/ATTACH]

can you upload it to a public torrent. so more seeder. This will take forever :). thanks for this though.

post-27836-14494997902711_thumb.png

can you upload it to a public torrent. so more seeder. This will take forever :). thanks for this though.

lol look at the speed. 10mbs at best, 2 weeks.

I am on a 80mbs connection. seed please or public torrent :)

First off, Thanks for the post. unfortunately I am unable to download due to min. post requirements. Just wanted to let you know that if you call Lenovo, you can actually speak with a person that has some sense. You can get recovery disk sent to you for free if you talk to the warranty dept. Everyone else will tell you that you have to purchase it for about 60 bucks with support or 40 bucks with out. Hope anyone reading this gets as lucky as I did. It was a pain in the ass to get that far. I recently upgraded to an SSD However, the migration software failed to copy all the partitions one of said partitions being the recovery. Best of luck

If your unit is under warranty. Just like all of us, that screw up on the backup image and can't not reload window 8.1 with the key.

Story: Hi. Something happen with my windows. I could not get the one touch back up to work. Is there a way you guys can send me the recovery key?

They will ask again ( what happen ). Tell them you don't know, windows was just corrupted and can't do a full restore.

Got me a free recovery disc and not spend $70.00 dollar or wait over 2 weeks to download it lol

If the guy fail, Call again don't used that same case number, call in like it was your first time calling in for the machine on tech support.

Getting my recover cd in 3 days now. :)

Hello! Is this still seeded? I can't download it as this is my first post. :) I have a bunch of issues with this laptop and one of them led to the destruction of the GPT table and all data on the hard disk so I have no recovery now :(

I tried talking to Lenovo support 3 times and they keep repeating I should send them the laptop. I'm happy with their products ( got a z560, z500, the y510p and a p780 phone) but their customer support is plain terrible!

I anyone can give me the torrent file I can seed almost forever.

I have a seedbox active 24/7 but I cannot save the torrent file from here because I have only 3 posts till now.

Waiting for a PM with the download link of that .torrent file

• 1 month later...
First off, Thanks for the post. unfortunately I am unable to download due to min. post requirements. Just wanted to let you know that if you call Lenovo, you can actually speak with a person that has some sense. You can get recovery disk sent to you for free if you talk to the warranty dept. Everyone else will tell you that you have to purchase it for about 60 bucks with support or 40 bucks with out. Hope anyone reading this gets as lucky as I did. It was a pain in the ass to get that far. I recently upgraded to an SSD However, the migration software failed to copy all the partitions one of said partitions being the recovery. Best of luck

where did you get the discs...i called lenovo support and they told me to go to their service center and get a paid re installation.