Looking for 1150 mobo

angerthosenear

Heyo e'erybody. So I'm finally getting around to building a desktop for myself (would be my first desktop @@!). Main issue I'm having is finding a solid mobo.

1150 socket.

At least 2x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots.

I won't be watercooling (so stuff like the Asus Maximus VI Formula would be overkill).

Will be using a white case. So would like colors to match-ish

Would like to see solid reviews about it.

Would like to see a M.2 port on it but not a requirement (might test eGPU adapters or SSD).

Colors:

I'd rather not have black and red - aka EdgeMaster2000. Believe it or not, there are other color schemes that look good that aren't black+red....

Certainly no black and gold - that's just ugly.

Black and blue is okay.

Any other schemes you know of?

Budget for mobo:

$200 I guess, would look at more expensive boards if their features are great. But as always would like to be cheaper :D

Thanks for the input,

atn

---

EDIT: Wow this is pretty slick

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130690

Might be going with a MSI MPower board.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but if you havne't built yet. I'm extremely happy with my MSI Mpower Max - it's pretty full featured, and I love the Lucid Virtu MVP for gaming... (uses off chip and on chip vga together)

• 3 months later...