The Division

Brian

• Founder

A new Tom Clancy game that has RPG elements with persistence built in. Spotted this over on another forum and figured I'd start a thread about it here since the game really piqued my interests. Basically , you play in third person view like Gears of War in co-op and PVP missions taking place in NY after chaos has ensued due to lack of power etc. The game is based on Masssive Entertainmnet/Ubisoft's new Snowdrop engine and it looks pretty damn nice. It's coming in about a year for Xbox One, PS4 and of course PC:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

looks great for me, i just hope ubisoft does not gimp the pc port.... again... the game mechanics look cool but i hpoe it also has an offline mode, would also hurt the company if they decide to go always online ( simcity, never another simcity ). public outcry may end up yelling drm but then again, with simcity it really WAS and the always online component just severely crippled the game for many users. if implemented right it may not cause that much of an outcry and it would just be a lout minority, plus it can be fun and a good thing if implemented and marketed right. other than that, as an e3 reveil title it is probably hyped up a bit so don't get your hopes up like most did with watch dogs and countless games before. regardless ubisoft has been known to make enjoyable games and i hope they do not start letting us down, they can seriously mess this up, but its a good idea and could be a great game if done right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I always find the mic communication in these gameplay demonstrations ridiculous, nobody ever talks like that.

The last one I watched for Rainbow Six (or a similar game), for a good 5 minutes I thought the player was playing single player and I was hearing the AI sound bites.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we can't count it out yet because the developers said the downgraded "something". Might be something completely trivial. It looks really cool but I'm not sure my laptop will be able to handle it well or at all. I like how the pvp looks and how it melds with the actual gameplay so I'm looking forward to the release.

• 1 year later...