Q: what do you want in the next BPlus PE4L/PE4H eGPU adapter?

US$90 PE4C V2.0 with a 220W Dell AC Adapter has been released

Shipping is US$23, so US$113 total. Can purchase the expresscard or mPCIe version and add the additional mPCIe, expresscard or PCIe adapter+cable for another US$20. A much better package than any previous PE4L/PE4H. Highlights being:

- looks like supports x1 or x2 links "Support dual channel signal transfer"

- Gen2 compliant

- supports user-settable Reset Delay switch via jumpers "Support two sets external pin to setup delay time. Support two delay switch to avoid registration problems when boot."

- appears to support CLKRUN delay "Support Suspend Clock"

- has ATX plug on board -> does this mean can draw slot power from second rail on multi-rail PSUs?

Documentation still sketchy on detail with unresolved links. Looks like may have been a rushed release.

Check it out --> PE4C V2.0 (PCIe x16 Adapter) <--

• Thumbs Up 2

Just wondering if a 240W Dell adapter would work instead of the shipped 220W. Planning to power a GTX770 without using a bulky ATX PSU (SFX is still bulky).

I like the x2 links though. Hoping x2.2 would work on the 2570p, since the WiFi whitelist is buggy.

Shipping is US$23, so US$113 total. Can purchase the expresscard or mPCIe version and add the additional mPCIe, expresscard or PCIe adapter+cable for another US$20. A much better package than any previous PE4L/PE4H. Highlights being:

- Gen2 compliant

- supports user-settable Reset Delay switch via jumpers "Support two sets external pin to setup delay time. Support two delay switch to avoid registration problems when boot."

- has ATX plug on board -> does this mean can draw slot power from second rail on multi-rail PSUs?

Documentation still sketchy on detail with unresolved links. Looks like may have been a rushed release.

That's maybe a stupid question but do you think that the hdmi to express card adapter could be replaced by a thunderbolt dock with hdmi port ?

What are those pillars, anyway?

And I wonder how is it being switched on/off. Let's hope it switches on automatically when plugging the expresscard, like Exp Gdc does.

Looks promising, all in all. A bit pricey, maybe.

That's maybe a stupid question but do you think that the hdmi to express card adapter could be replaced by a thunderbolt dock with hdmi port ?

That's very interesting indeed. I'd like to see that as well. HDMI 1.3 seems to have a throughput of 10.3Gb/s (and it goes up from there, 20Gb/s for HDMI 2.0), which is a tad more than the first generation of Thunderbolt. I guess, when somebody should buy the PE4C V2.0, it would be cheap and easy to test out. One thing I'm not sure about is that there is no "Thunderbolt to HDMI" converter, all I can find is "Displayport to HDMI". So the question is also: will Displayport recognize that at the other end of the cable, a PCIe device is running?

That's very interesting indeed. I'd like to see that as well. HDMI 1.3 seems to have a throughput of 10.3Gb/s (and it goes up from there, 20Gb/s for HDMI 2.0), which is a tad more than the first generation of Thunderbolt. I guess, when somebody should buy the PE4C V2.0, it would be cheap and easy to test out. One thing I'm not sure about is that there is no "Thunderbolt to HDMI" converter, all I can find is "Displayport to HDMI". So the question is also: will Displayport recognize that at the other end of the cable, a PCIe device is running?

This seems very very interesting. Wish something could be done close to this idea in the future.

this seems like a big deal, why isn't there more discussion about this like the EXP GDC? (1 page vs 18?)

naively this looks a lot better than the EXP GDC, more stable video card due to posts, included power, and cheaper

the EXP GDC has a nice cover and will let you use your own PSU, but that's about it as far as I can tell

Exp gdc is 99$.

I think this pe4c is very interesting. Honestly, I think I'll go for this one, instead of the exp gdc. It seems there have been a few defective units of exp gdc, while bplus's support to the egpu community makes it more reliable (hopefully).

Those pillars make pe4c very stable too! :)

• 1 month later...

- Gen2 compliant

Hey mate, I sent an e-mail to the sales team asking them about the availability of this product PE4C PM100C V2.0 and I did not get a respond yet, hopefully by tommorow on a Monday.

Is it really out of stock or pulled out of sale? I read you made a post somewhere that they are having an upcoming revision release, can you comment on this?

and the supplied AC adapter is only 180 watts not 220W or 240W? I would like to use at least an R9 280X or the least 270X without using a separate PSU.

Otherwise, I will just build myself a SFF gaming PC (silverstonetek ML07 or raven RVZ01+600W SFF PSU+R9 290X+AMD APU) if these things will be further delayed.

I finally understood the whole picture of this amazing adventure you started and even signed on that petition for Intel to let ASUS sell XG 2 station to consumers.

Can't wait to get my hands on the necessary hardware and that setup 1.30 software of yours, my $25 bucks is ready though.

Hey mate, I sent an e-mail to the sales team asking them about the availability of this product PE4C PM100C V2.0 and I did not get a respond yet, hopefully by tommorow on a Monday.

Is it really out of stock or pulled out of sale? I read you made a post somewhere that they are having an upcoming revision release, can you comment on this?

and the supplied AC adapter is only 180 watts not 220W or 240W? I would like to use at least an R9 280X or the least 270X without using a separate PSU.

Otherwise, I will just build myself a SFF gaming PC (silverstonetek ML07 or raven RVZ01+600W SFF PSU+R9 290X+AMD APU) if these things will be further delayed.

I finally understood the whole picture of this amazing adventure you started and even signed on that petition for Intel to let ASUS sell XG 2 station to consumers.

Can't wait to get my hands on the necessary hardware and that setup 1.30 software of yours, my $25 bucks is ready though.

Yes, PE4C 2.0 was pulled from sale. Was told there was a bug in the hardware design that triggered it. A new PE4C V2.1 will be released fixing those problems. I do not have a firm date when that will be. If you need something sooner rather than later then consider a EXP GDC V6. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6643-exp-gdc-v6-discussion.html#post88642 . Just note the warnings about quality of the product.

AFAIK both the PE4C V2.x and EXP GDC V6 have a Dell DA-2 220W AC adapter option. That's good enough for a GTX680 or R9 270X. R9 280X requires 250W. A NVidia card is recommended for it's superiour performance over an AMD equivalent where the candidate system has an active Intel HD iGPU and a x1 1.0 or x1 2.0 PCIe link.

Yes, PE4C 2.0 was pulled from sale. Was told there was a bug in the hardware design that triggered ait. A

new PE4C V2.1 will be released fixing those problems. I do not have a firm date when that will be. If you need something sooner rather than later then consider a EXP GDC V6. http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6643-exp-gdc-v6-discussion.html#post88642 . Just note the warnings about quality of the product.

AFAIK both the PE4C V2.x and EXP GDC V6 have a Dell DA-2 220W AC adapter option. That's good enough for a GTX680 or R9 270X. R9 280X requires 250W. A NVidia card is recommended for it's superiour performance over an AMD equivalent where the candidate system has an active Intel HD iGPU and a x1 1.0 or x1 2.0 PCIe link.

Hey thanks Tech Inferno Fan! I will probably wait for the PE4C V2.1, they responded (bplus tech sales) and told me they are planning to release on Q4 2014, so I guess we can still give suggestions for redesigns for the upcoming version to bring improvements and more feasibility too cause they are listening to us! I will probably start to build a small form factor PC as of this moment then. I hope us all to have more options in the future especially that thunderbolt 2 platform being held back by intel..

• 1 month later...
Hey thanks Tech Inferno Fan! I will probably wait for the PE4C V2.1, they responded (bplus tech sales) and told me they are planning to release on Q4 2014, so I guess we can still give suggestions for redesigns for the upcoming version to bring improvements and more feasibility too cause they are listening to us! I will probably start to build a small form factor PC as of this moment then. I hope us all to have more options in the future especially that thunderbolt 2 platform being held back by intel..

What kind of bug there is? Just to know.

Thank you

There was an undisclosed hw functionality bug which caysed BPlus to pull the PE4C V2.0 off the market. Now that it's on sale again we can assume it's been corrected.

Hope that the seller have a new one (i've buy it from an American ebay seller, i live in italy)

Thank you nando

• 4 weeks later...
There was an undisclosed hw functionality bug which caysed BPlus to pull the PE4C V2.0 off the market. Now that it's on sale again we can assume it's been corrected.

Just to let you know I received this answer from BP support about this bug I was asking for:

PE4C v2.0 is bug free,

And PE4c V2.1 has more function added.

• 1 month later...
They could make USB 3.0 port and not just USB 2.0. Somehow USB 3.0 is only available on PE3A which is for ExpressCard only.

The USB port on any of the BPlus or EXP GDC products are just re-routes of the expresscard slot USB pins. The USB spec, 2.0 or 3.0, will be whatever the manufacturer has wired to your expresscard slot.

The way to add definitive USB 3.0 support would be off the PCIe bus itself. That would mean sharing the EC/mPCIe PCIe bus requiring a PCIe bridge chip + USB 3.0 chip. Bridged PCIe products are not cheap. Consider the difference in price between the Sonnet single-slot versus 3-slot (bridged) Thunderbolt II enclosures:

http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7633-us%24314-sonnet-echo-express-sel-16gbps-tb2.html

$500 Sonnet Echo Express SE-II as shown in http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides/6879-%5Bguide%5D-2013-15-macbook-pro-iris-gtx760%4016gbps-tb2-sonnet-ee-se-ii-win-8-1-a.html#post94263

• Thumbs Up 1