Q: what do you want in the next BPlus PE4L/PE4H eGPU adapter?

What news so far? How is the project going?

Thanks

I got a progress reply from Ted@BPlus on the new PE4C. Sounds promising.

Hi Nando:

After collecting your recommendations several months ago, we have designed a new product named PE4C Ver2.0!

We have made our test on PE4C V2.0, it will be released recently!

Its' feature:

-PERST delay and Clkreq delay;

-All 12V input power;

-2.5mm round DC-Jack plug;

-24pin ATX power connector for power input;

-4pin floppy connector;

-8pin Power output for Graphic card power( 8pin to 2* (6+2));

-Support big power input: like 12V/18A or more decided by customers' AC adapter;

-HDMI connector for PCIe input;

-PCIe X1 or X2 at Gen 2;

-PCIe X16 slot with locker;

-Switch for Open/Close Input power (With our SWEX if use ATX power);

-100cm HDMI cable;

We will show details on our official website recently! Please focus on it!

Thank you so much for your advice!

TED

• Thumbs Up 2

I got a progress reply from Ted@BPlus on the new PE4C. Sounds promising though he's not clear if it uses a socketted or soldered cable. I'll ask for clarification there and anything else others may want to chime in with.

So is it the same as PE4H V3.2? and is there any official screenshots for it?

Here are the new two variants (EC2C and PM3N) of the PE4C already listed.

I don't see big advantages in comparison to the PE4L v2.1b... only the SWEX has benn integrated and the price is lower.

So, do you recommend this over PE4L V2.1?

BPlus latest PE4C was given plenty of community input but the result, particularly the use of that crappy FFC cable :S, looks like a engineering experiment. I'd be embarrassed to run that on my desk, seriously?!

My first thought: "Hmm wonder how long it takes before it brakes"

I hope that you're right about the "engineering experiement". It doesn't seem solid at all. The maximal length of the cable is 60 cm! There's no way I can use that.

Wonder what Tech Inferno Fan can say about it. I'll just wait for him to post about this.

I hope that you're right about the "engineering experiement". It doesn't seem solid at all. The maximal length of the cable is 60 cm! There's no way I can use that.

Wonder what Tech Inferno Fan can say about it. I'll just wait for him to post about this.

I couldn't agree more. The maximum cable length for the new product is unacceptable in my opinion. I'm now more interested in EXP GDC V6.0 adapter, as it's cheaper than bplus's one, plus, supports PCI express 3.0 with the speed of gen 2, and maybe even gen 3 if possible.

Date: Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Subject: Re: Re: PE4C : New Product vs EXP GDC

To: Tech Inferno Fan

Hi Nando:

I have seen the feedbacks, I think what we will do for the next version is to improve our PCIe signal (Increasing the cable length and make it at Gen3), Thanks for your information, it seems really helpful for us!

Hi Ted and Masaharu,

Not so good feedback on the new PE4C product. Can you revise it to make it more consumer friendly and give it a fighting chance against the EXP GDC V6?

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/5470-q-what-do-you-want-next-bplus-pe4l-pe4h-egpu-adapter-4.html#post88642

Thanks,

Nando

Date: Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Subject: Re: Re: PE4C : New Product vs EXP GDC

To: Tech Inferno Fan

Hi Nando:

I have seen the feedbacks, I think what we will do for the next version is to improve our PCIe signal (Increasing the cable length and make it at Gen3), Thanks for your information, it seems really helpful for us!

Well that cable won't be on my desk regardless of length, since it will be damaged and break (possibly harm my system as well). The optimal would be a gen2/gen3 round PCIEMM150-type cable!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, right, it is April 20th now. So when?

It's out already as pointed out by Eisbrecher99 on April-3rd, copied below. Though you can see subsequent comments have not been favorable.

Here are the new two variants (EC2C and PM3N) of the PE4C already listed.

I don't see big advantages in comparison to the PE4L v2.1b... only the SWEX has benn integrated and the price is lower.

I wouldn't be so harsh with this PE4C. It costs less than PE4L and it has no need for 5V power and it has a full x16 slot with locker. The only drawback I see is the cable, which hopefully hwtools will swap for an ordinary mHDMI cable. I don't see a lot of people buying PE4C with such a fragile cable... But other than that I think it's a good improvement over PE4L.

@jacobsson

I agree with you, but I still hope they will come up with a solution. I mean, on hwtools site they mention the PE4C as version 1.2, while nando reported they are working on a 2.0 revision here:

Hi Nando:

After collecting your recommendations several months ago, we have designed a new product named PE4C Ver2.0!

We have made our test on PE4C V2.0, it will be released recently!

Its' feature:

-PERST delay and Clkreq delay;

-All 12V input power;

-2.5mm round DC-Jack plug;

-24pin ATX power connector for power input;

-4pin floppy connector;

-8pin Power output for Graphic card power( 8pin to 2* (6+2));

-Support big power input: like 12V/18A or more decided by customers' AC adapter;

-HDMI connector for PCIe input;

-PCIe X1 or X2 at Gen 2;

-PCIe X16 slot with locker;

-Switch for Open/Close Input power (With our SWEX if use ATX power);

-100cm HDMI cable;

We will show details on our official website recently! Please focus on it!

Thank you so much for your advice!

TED

In the official PE4C images at hwtools.net I don't see any 2.5mm DC jack, nor any "HDMI connector for PCIe input". I still hope we are really missing the 2.0 revision. They can't really think of shipping that PE4C with that toilet paper cable. :)

About the price, you are right. It's silly that in Europe we are going to pay almost twice the product's cost... They should make an agreement with an EU reseller.

OT: what do you think it is that 4 pin slot over the on/off switch? It says 3V-5V-12V-ground. See here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im from EU and I agree the postage price is high. Although at least DHL is quick enough: it took about 8 days from purchase for the PE4C to arrive.

The build quality is good enough for me - board is made of two connected PCB plates which makes it more stable on the desk. Some plastic protection like we see at EXP would be nice though. The cable isn't meant for heavy usage, I'm certainly going to reinforce it with tape. I'm not afraid I would break it by accident, I'm just not sure about the long-term durability.

No jack or HDMI connector is present - you get exactly what you see on bplus website. One detail I noticed - on the back side of the board, there are two connectors for the data cable - one says PCIe-x1 and the other PCIe-x2.

I din't have chance to test the performance, since I'm still struggling with the error 12.

Hey nando, have you got any information about the alleged 2.0 PE4C? Is it really being worked on?

Thanks.

BPlus PE4C 2.0 teaser details

BPlus have released some teaser photos/details here of PE4C v2 a few days ago. Looks like it provides up to a x2 socketted link using HDMI connectors. ETA is mid-June 2014.

10314006_656984941042361_4299094078889778315_n.jpg

10330323_656985004375688_3723731363593185245_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the idea of the EXP GDC having an 8-pin 220W adapter, giving us the option of a portable eGPU without the large PSU attached to it.

Looking at this 24-pin connection on the PE4C v2.0 adapter, it looks like we are still stuck with bulky external power supplies.

Is there any chance that the DC port can reach 150W (enough for a GTX660ti)?

Wishful thinking.

EDIT: I found this adapter but am worried about its reliability.

I like the idea of the EXP GDC having an 8-pin 220W adapter, giving us the option of a portable eGPU without the large PSU attached to it.

Looking at this 24-pin connection on the PE4C v2.0 adapter, it looks like we are still stuck with bulky external power supplies.

Is there any chance that the DC port can reach 150W (enough for a GTX660ti)?

Wishful thinking.

EDIT: I found this adapter but am worried about its reliability.

maybe use a SFX PSU.

post-19480-14494997685979_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1