Sager NP9370 CPU temp a little high

Rouxdoudoux

I don't know if I am just getting a bit too nervous with my system but my cpu cores at Idle are between 42-46 degrees (Celsius).

I think that it is a bit hot.

If anybody has an idea on how to get those temps a bit lower it would be greatly appreciated.

Hardware:

CPU: i7-3720QM ES (Unlocked Multi)

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Samsung

GPU: 2 x GTX680M SLI

HDD: ADATA SSD 128GB SX900

Crucial M4 mSATA 128GB

Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB

You're worrying about something that isn't a problem.

Idle temps are purely determined by if the fan is on or not. The fan turns on at around 50C, thus you can expect temps to be between 40C and 50C.

All that matters are load temps. If load temps are fine then don't worry about temps.

Your temps are pretty normal. If you want lower temps, run your fans on max. Or underclock, undervolt, etc. Also get rid of background programs since you talking about idle temps. But why, what makes you think those temps are high? You can't compare desktops to laptops.

Idle or under load, you should have concern chiefly for when your readings are in the mid to high 90s. There is a certain conventional idle range that should be taken into account, yes, but if you can stress the components and stay within said range and/or not experience thermal overload (throttling, shutdowns, etc.), then your system is stable. :)