Y510P brand new speaker problem, search but nothing

bigboss

Ok I <nobr>searched</nobr> for my issue online and nobody has this problem, freshi <nobr>install</nobr> of 8.1 all <nobr>drivers</nobr> in place everything works even SLI 16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, my only issue is my left speaker has a small crackle on it, at first I thought the speaker was blown but further inspection let me to believe that the case is not fully pressing down or there is something loose

for example max volume i hear this like blown speaker noise only from the left speaker but if I press down on the bottom of the case up (like put pressure on the bottom of that side of the speaker) it sounds perfect???? should I take the bottom casing off and retighten all screws???

Ok I <nobr>searched</nobr> for my issue online and nobody has this problem, freshi <nobr>install</nobr> of 8.1 all <nobr>drivers</nobr> in place everything works even SLI 16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, my only issue is my left speaker has a small crackle on it, at first I thought the speaker was blown but further inspection let me to believe that the case is not fully pressing down or there is something loose

for example max volume i hear this like blown speaker noise only from the left speaker but if I press down on the bottom of the case up (like put pressure on the bottom of that side of the speaker) it sounds perfect???? should I take the bottom casing off and retighten all screws???

I have exactly the same problem, just a little diffrent, i suddenly starten, some times it starts popping, and then i need to twitch the frame at the jack input, then it stops but all my sounds through the speaker go to hell, when it happens. I have tried loosen/thighten bolts etc but didn't help i just do not have the time for an rma right now.

• 6 months later...

Having this problem since day one. Left speaker (when you put a flashlight near it) physically moves ~80% more than the right speaker. It seems like it's loose or something. The sound? Horrible. If I listen to something bassy, I can't go over 60% volume without hearing a loud crackle that just ruins anything you're listening to. Tried pressing the laptop casing at all points but still nothing. And I don't know how to open the laptop deep enough to reach the speaker itself.

I have similar problems, except it's with my right speaker. it would both make the cracking sound and pretty much turn off from time to time, as if it's cables were loose. I opened it up and found the rubber around the screw that secures it in place wasnt properly installed and the case would touch the screw and reproduce the sound. I installed it correctly and it worked fine, atleast for the cracking sound. With the loose connections though, it must be internal to the speaker cause i couldn't find anything out of the ordinary the would cause that false contact. Anyone know where i can get a replacement speaker?

My warranty is voided as I did open the laptop up.