X7200 with amd 8970m need help gurus!!!

Lucifore

Hello, I am new to the forums I hope the gurus here can help me out. I have a x7200 with 6990m installed. It have served me for 3 years but on last Sunday it has decided to die on me and so I proceed to purchase a new card. It is the amd 8970m. I heard that it is compatible with the the clevo x7200 and so I brought it. But now here is the problem. I have installed the card. It showed up it my device manager as amd 8970m with cross fire enabled. I even install the 13.11 amd beta drivers. All is working correctly. But now the problem is my x7200 have no sound no hdmi. The video card fan is not working and I cannot do a reboot without force shutting down the clevo x7200. Any gurus here can help me with this problem? I still love my x7200 but sager decided to scrap him off. I feel sad as he is still such a beast to me. Any gurus please help me and my x7200?

• 1 year later...

Hello i know this thread is old but i would just like to know if you ever got this to work. Reason of interest i have a x7200 also but i don't have an 8970m but i would just like to know if you got the fans working. One more thing did you properly place the fan and thermal pads and made sure the heat sink touched the right components. Its just that i had a m17 and the fans also did the same with the 3870's but when i applied thermal paste and made sure there was contact it worked. Finaly did you try to manually run the fans on high via fn+1.

Thank you very much and sorry for any inconvinience and God bless

• 1 year later...