[SOFTWARE MOD] Hotkey OSD theming

savvas

This is a mod for the Hotkey.exe file, it changes the stock, ugly, OSD icons to some prettier ones.

Kudos to deceptron for the original design:

post-11025-14494996669348_thumb.jpg

Deceptron's Alienware OSD Icons Set

Right now this will probably only work on Hotkey v.8.0.134 (the latest at the moment). I don't know if i'll do any more versions. Time permitting, and if there's a demand, I might.

Instructions:

Kill the stock Hotkey.exe via the task manager.

Replace the stock file with mine and reboot.

HotKey 80134.zip

• Thumbs Up 8

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this; it looks great. A couple of questions, though:

1) Where can I update Hotkey? I seem to be running 7.0026

2) Any chance of a mod to remove the OSD entirely?

Thanks again for the hard work.

You should go to the clevo download center : CLEVO - Download

and select your model, you should see the latest Hotkey programm.

Elipsus

Is it possible to completely disable the overlays but keeping keyboard light control? I'm getting sick the the overlays always making programs minimize or making me lose what I have selected. Ex. cannot hit capslock while typing here since it makes the overlap popup makes the chat window get deselected.

You should go to the clevo download center : CLEVO - Download

and select your model, you should see the latest Hotkey programm.

Elipsus

Thanks! All the downloads listed are for Win 8 x64. I'm running Win 7 x64. I assume they'll work, but it's worth asking. Are these the correct drivers for me?

Is it possible to completely disable the overlays but keeping keyboard light control? I'm getting sick the the overlays always making programs minimize or making me lose what I have selected. Ex. cannot hit capslock while typing here since it makes the overlap popup makes the chat window get deselected.

This. The overlays are frustrating. It would be great to be able to keep hotkey running, but disable the osd/overlays.

It's okay for Hotkey since the programm don't really change, but be more carfull with other drivers :D

Actually, for me, even if hotkey is not installed, the leds and all the fn shortcuts are functionnal so, if you don't use the control center , i can just uninstall it !:D

Elipsus

It's okay for Hotkey since the programm don't really change, but be more carfull with other drivers :D

Actually, for me, even if hotkey is not installed, the leds and all the fn shortcuts are functionnal so, if you don't use the control center , i can just uninstall it !:D

Elipsus

Hmmm..... I'm curious about this. I can't seem to get the Fn keys to work without it. I didn't uninstall, but after killing the process, I lose the ability to turn on keyboard backlights, or use other fn key shortcuts. Any thoughts?

Ah I see now. Leave hotkey installed and let it start up so it sets keyboard lights. Then just kill it in task manager and the keyboard stays the same color, but you don't get the dumb OSD popups. Not pretty and a modded hotkey would be preferable, but it gets the job dome.

• Thumbs Up 1

On my Clevo, without the Clevo hotkey software, all my fn keys work except my keyboard led control ones. The keyboard light defaults to blue, but no way to change it or turn it off. I killed the hitkey program because it was always changing my lcd display brightness settings, which was driving me nuts.

• 1 month later...
Don't work on P170EM with Win7 x64. The latest hotkey version for this system is 6.0100 and I don't want to upgrade to Win8...

Install the windows 8 version anyway. I believe that the new hotkey for windows 8 will work on windows 7. The only difference is that the windows 8 version hides the clevo volume and brightness sliders because windows 8 have their own.

@all: About the OSD, have you tried right-clicking the tray icon and untick the K/B indicator? It is supposed to stop the OSD from showing

@all: About the OSD, have you tried right-clicking the tray icon and untick the K/B indicator? It is supposed to stop the OSD from showing

Thanks for the reply, and your work on this mod. I've tried unticking the K/B indicator, but the OSD still shows. Win 7 x64, Hotkey 7.0026. Not sure why. Maybe I should upgrade to ver. 8?

Thanks for the reply, and your work on this mod. I've tried unticking the K/B indicator, but the OSD still shows. Win 7 x64, Hotkey 7.0026. Not sure why. Maybe I should upgrade to ver. 8?

It should work, try it

• 1 month later...
It should work, try it

Sorry for the late response; I've been wrestling with this for the last few weeks. I couldn't get the package downloaded from the Clevo website to install to my machine (errors kept preventing a successful install, possibly due to being on Win 7?). Ended up having to roll back to the version provided with the machine (7.0031). Sadly, this version still doesn't seem to do anything differently with the k/b indicator option un-checked. Any thoughts on other ways to remove the OSD?

Is it possible to separate Hotkey from Clevo Control Center so you don't have to have it installed?

No. Hotkey is just an application. You need the drivers and the software from the whole package for it to work

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...