Anime discussion

Brian

• Founder

Right now I'd say the best anime I've watched in a long time overall for story arcs, character development and especially laughs is Gintama. Others I liked are the usual FMA, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan etc. but man nothing touches Gintama IMO. For those that have watched Gintama, I'd say this scene in episode 67 had me rolling:

post-5-14494996666438_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499663178_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996632002_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996632216_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499663244_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996632616_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996632794_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996632971_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996633152_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996633361_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996633574_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996633749_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996633921_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996634093_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996634294_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996634467_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996634641_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996634826_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996635025_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499663521_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996666022_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494996666226_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Code Geass was an anime I watched recently. It's one of those animes where you HAVE to know what happens next and you'll be glued to the screen for the next couple days. It had a very satisfying ending (yet unexpected; almost shocking) and I even did a little googling spree to read on about it. It's one of the more mainstream animes though haha.. :L

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna rattle off everything I've watched...

angerthosenear's Anime Library | Hummingbird

Kill la Kill is hilarious. Looking forward to it resuming next week.

As for something similar to Love Hina (I read it), there is something, but I cannot remember the name of it sadly. ;-;

Log Horizon is really awesome. Been loving that. Golden Time is quite funny too.

Other things I found noteworthy:

Coppelion

Miss Monochrome

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Outbreak Company

Infinite Stratos

Yuushibu

Kyoukai no Kanata

Galilei Donna

Noukome

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
I'm about to watch One Piece, however there are so many episode.

I tried looking into the manga, but I cannot find a working page on the first chapter. I wonder why..

Maybe because they're licensed or maybe you just looking at the wrong site :)

• 2 weeks later...

Batoto.net is pretty much the only site that supports the scanlators, but they generally usually don't have licensed stuff.

I try to avoid leech sites, but sometimes I use them if I can't find a manga anywhere else. Try mangafox, goodmanga, or mangahere. There are a lot of other leech sites out there.

I use mangastream for the newest chapters.

• 3 weeks later...
Right now I'd say the best anime I've watched in a long time overall for story arcs, character development and especially laughs is Gintama. Others I liked are the usual FMA, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan etc. but man nothing touches Gintama IMO. For those that have watched Gintama, I'd say this scene in episode 67 had me rolling:

Which FMA anime? Some people have varying views regarding the old and reboot version that follows canon (manga).

I would recommend Cowboy Bebop as a classic and FLCL for bizarre character development. There are other animes I would recommend, but it mainly depends on what your perspectives are regarding animes at the moment. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt has quite the humor (sometimes NSFW humor).

• Thumbs Up 1

This season is pretty interesting...

Anime to watch Why (order of list is semi-important)
Knights of Sidonia full well done CGI, best audio EVER (realistic noises, not that generic stuff, metal on metal sounds EXACTLY like metal on metal), even sounds good with audiophile equipment, story is very well written, no holds on sensitive matters / unnerving things (keep it at that). Just. Watch. It. I don't even like mecha things at all and I'm suggesting it heavily.
Mahouka This MC is amazing. He is absurdly OP at what he does, but isn't rude or anything. He knows his limits and is VERY clever. The sister is mega annoying though, just ignore her.
No Game No Life huehuehuehuehue, game competition type in an alternate world
Blade and Soul based on MMO, turning out really good
Black Bullet OP little girls (corrupted) that fight giant things, corruption widespread and causes said giant things
M3 - Sono Kuroki Hagane dark, spoiler spoiler spoiler, dark ;D
Captain Earth save the world with mecha, following in footsteps of his late father, pretty art
Brynhildr in the Darkenss dubstep opening, magic girls with very very brutal restrictions, secret lab with not-so-nice research
Akuma no Riddle assassin yuri girls
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin series of silly intricate puzzles to find Nanana's collection of artifacts, and find out spoiler spoiler spoiler ;D
  • Thumbs Up 1

if you like the mmo approach have you seen sword art online? love the elfen lied avatar btw

I don't like the game mechanics of it. I don't like the MC either.

Reason why I like Log Horizon is the game mechanics are really well done, and the game more-or-less becomes a full new world / alternate world where you have to completely role-play to make it work. And aren't bounded so much.

---

Elfen Lied <3

This season is pretty interesting...

Anime to watch Why (order of list is semi-important)
Knights of Sidonia full well done CGI, best audio EVER (realistic noises, not that generic stuff, metal on metal sounds EXACTLY like metal on metal), even sounds good with audiophile equipment, story is very well written, no holds on sensitive matters / unnerving things (keep it at that). Just. Watch. It. I don't even like mecha things at all and I'm suggesting it heavily.
Mahouka This MC is amazing. He is absurdly OP at what he does, but isn't rude or anything. He knows his limits and is VERY clever. The sister is mega annoying though, just ignore her.
No Game No Life huehuehuehuehue, game competition type in an alternate world
Blade and Soul based on MMO, turning out really good
Black Bullet OP little girls (corrupted) that fight giant things, corruption widespread and causes said giant things
M3 - Sono Kuroki Hagane dark, spoiler spoiler spoiler, dark ;D
Captain Earth save the world with mecha, following in footsteps of his late father, pretty art
Brynhildr in the Darkenss dubstep opening, magic girls with very very brutal restrictions, secret lab with not-so-nice research
Akuma no Riddle assassin yuri girls
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin series of silly intricate puzzles to find Nanana's collection of artifacts, and find out spoiler spoiler spoiler ;D

At this point regarding the current anime season, you might as well refer to random curiosity's spring 2014 season page (here). The previews don't have a lot of spoilers, but are a good indicator of what to expect. If you really want to spoil the plot of some anime to see if you are really interested, you can check the recent anime blog posts.

Most recent Anime I've watched was Last Exile: Ginyoku No Fam

Really enjoyed the first Last Exile series and the prequel manga and I've been liking this new series too. Not quite a sequel because it doesn't have the same characters for the most part but I like steampunk and sky pirates so it's a win win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...