Please make a modded y510p BIOS based on 74CN44WW V3.05

benny

What do you mean with "clean"?

I will now focus on the 2.07, it seems to work fine and since it's possible to flash the stock version I only have to mod one file, that is a big time saver.

I simply meant "clean" as in "stock". Preferably without Windows key. No biggie either way though, as I'm just glad to have gotten rid of the whitelist, which was my main goal.

I'm actually a little worried that if I get the 1.xx version, I'll just end up bricking it, as I like to tinker.

• 2 weeks later...

I will now focus on the 2.07, it seems to work fine and since it's possible to flash the stock version I only have to mod one file, that is a big time saver.

Is it possible to update the BIOS from 1.xx to the 2.xx or 3.xx?

Another satisfied customer for the 3.05->2.07 flash util on page 2! Worked great on my Y410p that shipped with 3.05. After that was able to use the 2.07 mod from the other thread and now I can finally use my 5ghz router as a 5ghz router!

Might be worth adding this to the OP of the other thread?

Hello thanks for all the time and effort you put into this, but I think I may have messed something up when I ran the 3.05 to 2.07 downgrade, as soon as the application finished running I got efi network 0 for ipv4/ipv6 boot failed and after pressing ok I get " default boot device missing or boot failed insert recovery media and hit any key then select boot manager to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media" I then press ok and I brings me to boot manager with two options available, efi netwrok 0 for ipv4 and efi network ipv6, after choosing either of those the same efi network 0 failed comes back then I press ok and I am then taken to a screen that says " no bootable device please restart system" any help would be amazing.

Thanks for your help on this. I too have a y510p, trying to install an Intel 7260 AC Dual Band. I did get it flashed to Bios V2.07, but I'm having trouble backing up my current config and using the whitelist removal tool @svl7 posted here. Can someone offer a step-by-step for backing up uefi bios via the command prompt? Much thanks for this.

Right. I've sent someone some files but I never got any reply so far, but it should work anyway:

Downgrade to bios v2.07 by using the attached file. It flashes from within Windows. Make sure AC and battery are connected. Before proceeding to the flash go to the bios and enable bios flashback and make sure you have secure boot disabled.

Does this bios override the whitelist, or is that another set of steps? Sorry, first time here.

Have had my Y510p for a week now and the 7260n wireless card is killing me. I bought a AzureWave AW-CE123H wireless card in hopes that i could swap them but that didn't work due to the whitelite. I have the new bios v 3.05. Never had to mod the Bios before but going to give it a try once i can download the file to downgrade my bios.

Is there somewhere that links to diffs between 2.07 and 3.05 besides the fact that 3.05 is encrypted? Trying to weigh the pros and cons before attempting to risk downgrading so that I can install another more reliable Wifi Card (stupid Lenovo) This may be the first & last Lenovo I buy because of this crazy BS.

Hi All,

I spoke with Lenovo Idea Tech Support and explained my frustration with the whitelist for wireless cards. I ended up speaking with a supervisor (Derick (Employee # 121188) who claims that he has submitted a case with their engineering department and has assured me that there will be a BIOS update released with the whitelist removed. I'm not sure how reliable this information is but I did receive a case number and will keep in contact with Lenovo until this promise is fulfilled. I will keep this thread updated along the way in case any useful information, updates, etc come from this case.

Wish Me Luck!!!

-Phil

• Thumbs Up 2

Great work on the mod! Thanks. Does anyone here have a y410p with BIOS 1.10 not negotiating ethernet speeds of 1Gb? It upsets me my gigabit doesn't work. I have had multiple linux kernels and also win7/8 on this rig, but none will link at 1Gb. I have also tried forcing the NIC speeds and been plugged into a few different switches.

My current bios is insydeH20 V3.05 and I want to mod the bios so I can change the default onboard GPU(Intel 4600) to my actual Nvidia 750m. Also it would be great if the bios can also remove the whitelist so if I plan on changing any of the hardware later on I can do so. Please advice in what I should do, I just got my laptop.:D