Please make a modded y510p BIOS based on 74CN44WW V3.05

benny

I get "AC detect error!" when I run this. Looks like i have 74CN44WW(V3.05), and it says Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space when I try to do a backup. Windows 8.1 x64... Any insight you have to what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone confirm if by downgrading we can have access to the CPU turbo support in the bios? I've been reading that we may need access to it to ensure all cores boost properly. Otherwise this does not work properly when using the gpu's and CPU together on intensive games.

I really want to install Intel 7260 AC wifi card I bought from NewEgg to my y510p. It came with InsydeH20 r3.7 bios. Is this bios downgradable? Would the GT755M work properly with the 2.07 bios? Also what is the reason for not being able to modify 3.x bioses? Are they encrypted somehow?

I really want to install Intel 7260 AC wifi card I bought from NewEgg to my y510p. It came with InsydeH20 r3.7 bios. Is this bios downgradable? Would the GT755M work properly with the 2.07 bios? Also what is the reason for not being able to modify 3.x bioses? Are they encrypted somehow?

Yes it's downgradable as mine came with 3.07 and just downgraded to 2.07 and modded it. As i have the GT755M SLI everything works fine after the downgrade and mod. Yes, it's encrypted according to Svl7.

Yes it's downgradable as mine came with 3.07 and just downgraded to 2.07 and modded it. As i have the GT755M SLI everything works fine after the downgrade and mod. Yes, it's encrypted according to Svl7.

Is my windows key a part of the bios? If so how can I back it up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This get me thinking as well.

Does anyone tried downgrade from 3.05 to stock 2.07 and then upgrade to modded 3.05 again? Why this wouldn't work? Is it related to EC part of the flash (or other like ME)?

If u followed the instructions they all say that before you do anything make a backup of your existing Bios so if something go wrong you can restore it. And your Windows key is also stored in the Bios so if u did not back it up i think you might have problems.

I guess I should post this here:

I downloaded the 3.05->2.07 downgrade file, ran it as admin in Windows 7, and I got an error stating "Insyde flash cannot load the driver. Please close all applications. If you run this utility in Windows 7, please run as Administrator."

BIOS settings: all set to legacy

BIOS flashback: Enabled

Secure Boot: can't find it, doesn't seem to exist in my BIOS settings (unless I'm being dumb...)

Obviously I closed all other applications.

I also tried going through the steps in the stickied thread (drag & drop method). I was able to extract a copy of my BIOS (4.6mb file). I tried doing a drag & drop of that BIOS backup on the downgrade file but that gave the same error.

Any ideas on something that I'm missing?

Hi

I used this on my computer with 3.05 BIOS

First you should go to this post and download the tool to backup your bios as they are now. Before doing any mod installation. After you have made a backup file save that file some were that you can remember it because your Windows key is in it.

Then download the downgrade file from this post and downgrade to 2.07 BIOS.

Then make another backup of the new 2.07 BIOS and then use the BIOS fixer from the first post again to install the mod to it.

Then you flash the new bios you just made, as they say in the first post.

Don´t forget to follow the instructions on these posts. This worked great for me and had no problems.

Many thanks to svl7 for making this possible!

• Thumbs Up 4