Has anyone found that whist gaming on battery and using the dedicated graphics card, cpu halts at a lower frequency? I have it with an i5 @ 2.6ghz and it halts at 1.17ghz.

If gaming on integrated graphics this doesn't happen.

If gaming on power this doesn't happen.

Its not a game-breaker,but becomes annoying if you are in the middle of a game and need to unplug.

I don't think that the battery can provide the requested ammount of power to keep the laptop at full speed. So it decreases frequencies for CPU/GPU.

yeah when im gaming and my lead falls out the laptop grnds to a halt whilst gaming. im assuming the laptop needs the power draw

edit: also dont forget when you pull out the lead, it reverts from high performance to balanced, which in windows settings reduced cpu to something like 20%

having messed with throttle stop i have made the following changes

EiST, BD, C1E are unticked, so is disable turbo, i havent disabled it. i am now experienced better avg frame quality in games. my 3610qm runs at 3ghz constantly.

I'm curios if buying a more powerful AC Adapter, more than 125w will help the laptop while full load. I mean with GPU overclocked and CPU always at 3.1 GHZ