ASUS G75VW vs Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (AC4)

amirhuman

When I first saw NVIDIA's recommended settings for AC4 on their GeForce Experience panel, I thought they had made a mistake because I get 50-60 FPS on almost all max settings on my OC desktop (GTX 590). But when I ran FRAPs and launched the game on my ASUS G75VW I couldn't believe that I was down to 15-20 FPS at normal settings! They weren't joking when they recommended 1366x768 resolution and no AA at all. Even then with "optimized" settings (pretty much everything off) I still only get 30-35 FPS. This is the first game that has crushed my G75 so I'd like to OC it and would appreciate any tips you might have. I have checked out some of the other posts about modifying the BIOS but I can't access any downloads yet as a new forum user.

If anyone has OC'ed their G75 and has managed to get 30+ FPS on at least normal 1920x1080 settings on AC4 I would love to hear about it!

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the extremely late post, but if you check around these forums some more now that we are 3 months into the future, many threads about overclocking have popped up here and there. But I recommend starting with the "modded vbios" thread. That will be your best (and safest) bet to get a quick and easy performance boost out of your G75.

• 6 years later...