HELP! Problem with a "new" video card.

carToomas

Please help! I 've just now change the video card on my old-gamer PC from geforce 6200 to 6600 Gt. I noticed this interesting problem in every 3d games and i don't know what can cause this. :( But the desktop picture is perfect. post-19116-14494996467058_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help!

post-19116-14494996465846_thumb.jpg

post-19116-14494996466441_thumb.jpg

Nvidia recommends the same driver as the gf6200 so i didn't install another, i just replaced the card. Although at first time when booted the windows up the desktop picture wasn't good fully, and i made a clear driver install. After that at least works the 2d.

Thanks for the quick reply svl7!

I've seen the same behavior with a 660m, most likely a memory issue, or a bad solder joint, as mentioned before. What you could try is baking the card in the oven for a while, that has helped with a lot of older Nvidia cards. (No, kidding, just google it and you'll see what I mean).

Make sure u take all the heatsinks off first and make sure u use PREHEATED oven set to 385F ( gass mark 6) (solder melts around 364F) )

different people left it in there for different times, most people said 6-8 mins 14 is too much

GUIDE smile.gif

1: remove heatsink and thermal paste

2: preheat oven to 385F to 400F( NO HIGHER!) ( gas mark 6)

3: lay foil over the oven rack

4: make 4 balls of foil, about 4cm high,

5L when the oven is heated to its corrent temperature, put the graphics card on the 4 balls, one on each corner Card GPU SIDE UP or it can potentially fall out of socket! )

6: leave for around 6-10 mins, NO MORE THAN 12 OR IT WILL MELT

7: ENOJOY!!! head_bang.gif

remember to keep the card level in the oven

rememeber this is not allways permanent

THIS FIX MAY NOT LAST FOREVER, SO PLEASE DO NOT PUT CARDS IN THE OVEN AND THEN SELL THEM its not nice!!