Lenovo y510p ultrabay HDD caddy

Sinbios

In regards with the i'm pretty sure that the y500 and y510p dimensions are the same, but between y400 and y500, the y500 will be slightly larger. So i doubt they will have a good fit. it might be possible to take the face plate off and use that on a difference aftermarket caddy.

• 5 months later...
Yeah... my problem lies with aftermarket caddy's not properly fitting into the ultrabay slot. My last one has a 1mm gap which causes the faceplate to disconnect slightly from the caddy.

I have just recieved this y510p hdd caddy:

2nd HDD SSD Hard Drive Caddy for Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Y500N Y510P | eBay

It came together with a bezel. And it i HOT Swappable - if I boot into Windows 8.1 with it, I can remove it, replace hard drive and insert it into the ultrabay slot again.. Here are some photos of the bezel they provide together with hdd caddy:

post-27390-14494998020515_thumb.jpg

For a price of 16 dollars, its super nice! I inserted into it original 1 TB hdd which came with y510p (I use ssd inside computer mSata) and I get 100 MB/s speed even.

post-27390-14494998017249_thumb.jpg

post-27390-14494998018573_thumb.jpg

post-27390-14494998019789_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I'm placing an order now.

Shame they don't include the little locking bracket as well. But at least it comes with the faceplate. :)

I have just recieved this y510p hdd caddy:

2nd HDD SSD Hard Drive Caddy for Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Y500N Y510P | eBay

It came together with a bezel. And it i HOT Swappable - if I boot into Windows 8.1 with it, I can remove it, replace hard drive and insert it into the ultrabay slot again.. Here are some photos of the bezel they provide together with hdd caddy:

--snip--

For a price of 16 dollars, its super nice! I inserted into it original 1 TB hdd which came with y510p (I use ssd inside computer mSata) and I get 100 MB/s speed even.

Awesome! I'm placing an order now.

Shame they don't include the little locking bracket as well. But at least it comes with the faceplate. :)

I think its good not to have a bracket - it holds quite well in place and is hot swappable - so I can remove the caddy and put it back without windows restart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...