possible solution to GPU throttling

If someone can finda way to disable GPU boost or dynamic overclocking in m14xr2 by hacking bios driver etc.. maybe we can prevent throttling just like 331.65 NVidia driver is doing although its a bug but its a viable solution to follow.. nyone?

Have you ever done a repaste? Factory thermal paste = bad qualirty. This summer I had terrible fps drop, in all games, casusing by throttle; so I did a repaste with arctic silver 5, and it fixed all problems.

You could always force the power state to a P5 state, and then it would be at a constant clock rate of whatever you would want to set it at.

This is all through NVIDIA Inspector. I use the command line to for P5 -

-forcepstate:0,5

Put that at the end of a shortcut to it and it will always stay at a P5 power state, where you can set your clock rate to whatever you want.

I used that method before the 331 driver came out. It's more of a bandaid, and it will always have a constant clock (meaning no idle clock). I like how it has the lower idle clocks with the new driver, if im using photoshop or something, i don't need my clocks at full. It will help to prolong the life of the card im sure

You could always make shortcuts to different clock rates.

I use -

-forcepstate:0,5 -setGpuClock:0,1,1000 -setMemoryClock:0,1,2000

That way you could create your own idle clocks. I don't really trust NVIDIA's options, since it's default core clock for me is 405.