[Mod] Voltage increase Nvidia GT 555M

What kind of 3d voltage did u get? I'm on a GT540 and I modded my vga bios to 1.00v and I get 800Mhz-1050Mhz stable but 1000 may be a better number to rely on. We tried modding beyond 1.00v and it didn't work. Even tried 1.025v and 1.050v and 1.088v. What was the hex value you changed to achieve 825-835Mhz core clock?

Thanks

You can't just mod the vbios to any value you want, the mobile fermi cards usually support four voltages, some just three or two. I don't know what you exactly modified, but I can imagine it, and tell you that this would only make GPU-Z and similar software report a higher voltage, without actually changing it.

There's a very small chance that the voltage can be altered beyond the pre-set values in the vbios, but I don't have a fermi card to test it myself, and other users are normally not interested in testing something experimental.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello , im kinda new to this and i would like someone , if thats possible to help me a bit more :/

I tried to just OC the nvidia just by raising memory clock and graphics in the nvidia performance control panel.

All i got was bluescreens and restarts.

How can i understand the perfect values of quality and safety ?

sorry im kinda noob :/

• 2 weeks later...
Hello , im kinda new to this and i would like someone , if thats possible to help me a bit more :/

I tried to just OC the nvidia just by raising memory clock and graphics in the nvidia performance control panel.

All i got was bluescreens and restarts.

How can i understand the perfect values of quality and safety ?

sorry im kinda noob :/

Hi !

Same thing here... Tested volt mode + 800Mhz and fisrt test with 3DM11 got a blue screen and after reboot my GT555M has disappeared !!

The only solution waas to revert to stock BIOS to get back my graphic card...

Edit : My apologies, I get back the card when I shutdown my laptop. But My 555M seems to have difficulties to reach 800Mhz... :(

• 3 weeks later...
The modded VBIOS gives you a 3d Voltage of 0.93V, you should be able to confirm this with GPU-Z I guess, but your GPU has to be at 3d clocks, the 2d voltage isn't affected.

Is there any way to go back to stock voltage? i tried the original bios file from dell and one found in techinferno but i still get 9.3 volt on 3d :( plz help

I know, and the stock 3d is .88v, and im getting .93v (from the modified bios), how do I reset my bios?, i tried using dell stock bios and won't work x( i´ve tried all bios i could found and still cant get my factory settings, please help me

@angelsguigui, I believe that the sata performance difference between A05 and A08 depends on your SSD, if your SSD can maximize SATA 3 speeds, then it will have big difference. I upgraded to 256MB Plextor M5Pro and pretty damn fast on A05 but almost half the sequential bandwidth on A08. Unfortunately, I use GF116 chip on video so I can't overclock on A05. I'm currently stuck on A08 w/o the SATA fix. I'm yet to try the A08 w/ Sata Fix by svl7.

@Mesengeros, I don't think it will overclock the CPU, just the GPU. If you want to overclock the CPU, you can go to the BIOS and change it.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys i overclocked my gpu and worked fine while cable is connected

But in battery mode i was unable to change OR overclock my gpu

No option, i am using Nvidia tools directly to overclock

Is there any other way i can overclock my gpu in Battery mode ???

I was wondering if there is way plz reply guys

To reset the bios, I have found this link as I am too having the same problem after flashing my bios.

By the way, could anyone advise me on the difference in performance for the sata behavior of A05, and A08 bios?

A05 supports sata-3(6 GB/S) and due to some problems in some ssd's dell removed support for sata-3 in later bios

so A08 supports only sata-2(3GB/S) you can install a sata-3(compactable sata-2)drive but it will work only in sata-2 speeds

so this mod helps to get sata-3 speeds in A08 bios

• 1 month later...
A05 supports sata-3(6 GB/S) and due to some problems in some ssd's dell removed support for sata-3 in later bios

so A08 supports only sata-2(3GB/S) you can install a sata-3(compactable sata-2)drive but it will work only in sata-2 speeds

so this mod helps to get sata-3 speeds in A08 bios

If I dont install any sata-3 drives, then there's no need for me to update it to a08 correct?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...