[Mod] Voltage increase Nvidia GT 555M

• 5 months later...

m14r1 with new SSD 500mb/s dont need the speed of sata 3 right? even though the ssd said to be sata 3 but the speed only 500mb/s so i think i dont need sata 3 feature..

and whats the temp u got when u overclock the GT555M? is it safe? because my m14x always got poor performance when the dust already fill the fan x.x need to clean it to get better performance again.. and its very hot when its dirty! hurts my finger when typing lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I just joined TechInferno and I've always been into tweaking computers and just being a techie but this is the first time I'm going to tweak around with BIOS or anything like that.

I love my Alienware M14x R1. I know a lot of people hate on it, but for what it is, it's pretty solid.

I have the standard GT555m Graphics Card, and 6 GB RAM, and have been using MSI Afterburner to Overclock the GPU to around 720-750 but I really would like to use a Volt Mod because I heard the clock speeds can go beyond 800.

I'll be honest... I just want to play some Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on this thing. I used to have it on the PS4, but hooking up your laptop to an HDMI and playing games on the big screen just seems like such a bigger accomplishment. I can run textures on HIGH and environmental qualities on LOW, because once you kick it up to MEDIUM, all the foliage and tree textures kick in, and I don't think the Alienware can handle all those blades of grass swaying in the wind.

Can anyone give me some tips? I really would like to download the A08 Volt Mod on this site, but it tells me I'm a newcomer and I have to post a certain amount. Does this post count? What can I do to contribute?

Thanks, team.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm running an M14x R1

i5 2.4 Ghz

GT 555m 1.5 gb

I reapplied thermal paste and air duster'd everything, my temps while playing games like Shadow of Mordor and Dying Light (almost lowest settings on both) run between 55C to 68C depending on ambient temperature. I'm just wanting to get some opinions on whether or not my temps are already to high for overclocking before I flash a custom bios and mess with volt modding. I've never attempted overclocking this laptop (or any other laptop) before, but as my GTX 960 crapped out I'm forced to game on the M14.

Hello, i am a noub in overclock thing, i have Alienware M14X R1 With i7-2670QM, 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz, and Nvidia GT555M 3GB Dedicated, after i flash the bios with A08 Mod and Sata Fix, with the default state bios A08 Mod, i look at GPUZ, My Graphic Card Show 0.93V on The Voltage, if it is like this, can i start the overclock without change anything again in the bios? Like Voltage or anything? How Maximum the GPU clock, Memory Clock, and Shader Clock can be raised before i must raise the voltage again from 0.93 V?

Is it safe if I start to overclock my Graphics Card without raise the voltage again to 0.95V or 1.0V?

Can i Start Overclock Now with my 0.93 Volt setting? Can i Start Overclock Now with default BIOS setting without changing anything (A08 Mod)?

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate. Sorry for my english. Thx!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15297[/ATTACH]

My Maximum Overclock on My GT555M, after this, BSOD.

You have a very good GF106 core. 850MHz on .93V is great. I have a system with a smaller GF108 core and it can only do 845Mhz on .98V.

You have a very good GF106 core. 850MHz on .93V is great. I have a system with a smaller GF108 core and it can only do 845Mhz on .98V.

Hi Khenglish! Thanks for your reply and attention, i want to ask you something. :tears_of_joy:

I have checked the temperature in game with MSI Afterburner and HWInfo64, it's on screen display, i got 70-75' Celcius for 2-3 Hours, my question,

1. How much temperature in celcius that safe for GPU in Full Load gaming? Is it safe if i use this overclock setting for daily use in game?

2. if i use the setting for daily gaming, will it damage the card? I Use Big Fan and Arctic MX 4 Thermal Paste for my laptop, and i use on screen display temp in game, so i can control the temperature.

3. If i can control the temp and make it cool as cool as possible, will it damage the card? Maybe short circuit electricity because the clock is not in the default ratio.

4. Core Clock, Memory Clock, and Shader Clock, are they have a definitely rule for the ratio between them? It's just Like, if Core Clock is A then the Memory Clock must B, and Shader Clock Must C, etc. And if i do not follow that rule, even the temperature is cool, it will damage my card. Is it like that?

Thanks, sorry if i have a lot of question, i'm a noub in overclock thing. :tears_of_joy:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/14/2015 at 5:37 PM, Musarushavushal said:

I'm running an M14x R1

i5 2.4 Ghz

GT 555m 1.5 gb

I reapplied thermal paste and air duster'd everything, my temps while playing games like Shadow of Mordor and Dying Light (almost lowest settings on both) run between 55C to 68C depending on ambient temperature. I'm just wanting to get some opinions on whether or not my temps are already to high for overclocking before I flash a custom bios and mess with volt modding. I've never attempted overclocking this laptop (or any other laptop) before, but as my GTX 960 crapped out I'm forced to game on the M14.

How is the average FPS you were getting in both games with the lowest setting? I am planning to overclock my M14x, and try to play some newer games from 2014-2016, and which thermal paste were you using??

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Thanks Mr.Fox for this reply. I was also wondering how to do download files from this website as I'm new user here plus great content you guys have by the way.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...