[Mod] Voltage increase Nvidia GT 555M

I've installed the svl7 A08 unlocked bios, I must admit that this guy did a very good job!

I was able to push the GPU core over the 820MHz, temps are pretty good (71-72C both GPU and CPU without turbo: 2630qm's turbo is to me the major issue in keeping the system cool enough).

The only thing I have to check out is that after about an hour of playing Risen 2 at 803/1066 Windows gave me a BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys error (page fault in nonpaged area); I'd investigate if this issue is OC related or merely driver related (I just installed the 307.21 drivers).

Has somebody had this issue before?

Hey, Guys... Remember i had problems with my Old Gt555m before the Mobo change.... Well, i'm playing at 840/1680/1050 and its Stable... i'll continue climbing... :D

how can i check if the vbios was indeed modified? cuz I'm trying 790/1580/1000 and I keep getting BSOD :'(..... max I can go is 756/1504/1000, and thats the same I could do before applying the last bios update. BTW, what is that MOBO change you mentioned? Im on a M14xR1 with gt555m 3gb. thx

I recently tried to overvolt my GPU and only I got was BSOD, I tried the normal overclocking values with the modified Vbios and still got BSOD, went to DELL.COM and downloaded the stock BIOS and tried to overclock with that, and got BSOD... went to GPU-z to monitor my voltage and noticed that even tough a went back to stock bios, I'm still getting the .93v :( how can I go all the way back to .83v stock? plz help, this is so anoying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The VBIOS usually provides some limited form of voltage control. The GT540M supports over and undervolting from .98v to 1v and .93v, respectively, for example.

Pushing is what we modders and overclockers do. We will never know until we try. We don't need the schematics, only a keen eye on the motherbboard to vmod.

How do I adjust voltage on my GT540M? I get a bit of instability at 800Mhz...

Hello folks.

Thanks for all this informations. I'm french and there is any french forums that hold an answer as simple as svl7.

I run a m14x R1, with an i7-2860qm, and Assassin's creed III is used to crash after about 5mn playing, with temperatures never above 65°C for GPU and CPU both.

So I think this is a voltage problem from the GPU (CPU never uses over 50%). I think I'm going to try and I'll tell you what that new vbios do.

Before I give this a try, can I ask what the difference between the Unlocked version of the BIOS is, compared to the other? ( M14xR1_A08_[unlocked]_voltmod_incl_GF116_&_SATA_fix.zip vs M14xR1_A08_voltmod_incl_GF116_support_&_SATA_fix.zip) Thanks for the work in making these modded BIOS files as well.

I do have a question in regards to my GPU.

When I run a game, the GPU clocks up to full clock speed, when I exit it downclocks to idle clock speeds then back up to full clock speed. And stays...

It shows no gpu load and the temp hovers around 55 degrees C.

Not sure if it's a problem or what? Could it be that Optimizer isn't working?

Btw, just flashed to A08 Unlocked + VoltMod

Edit:

Ok, computer keeps crashing even at stock clocks.(temps fine) Had to remove battery and hold power button to see Nvidia GPU again. My clock speeds stuck on downclock and computer crashed. So going to try AO5 volt mod. If that doesn't work back to stock :(