[Mod] Voltage increase Nvidia GT 555M

havent really monitor the temps ... Btw way, I get Freezes in BF3 and i have been get BSOD after 10 mins of Bf3 at 820Mhz and Mem @1000 and 810 mhz @1000 mem ... idk heard BF3 doesnt like OC GPU's i'll download Crysis 2 and try

I got BSOD @800 Mhz and 1000memo clock... and after the BSOD my CPU cant detect the GPU chip, so i have to shut down and wait 10 seconds... Any help guys ? Could it be, my Anti Virus ? Firewall ? Idk... Or should i just start overclocking at 800 mhz @ 900Memo clock... Does the Memory Clock matters ? I got 3 Gb Nvidia GT555m Or should i start slow, 750 Mhz @ 1000 memo ?

I got BSOD @800 Mhz and 1000memo clock... and after the BSOD my CPU cant detect the GPU chip, so i have to shut down and wait 10 seconds... Any help guys ? Could it be, my Anti Virus ? Firewall ? Idk... Or should i just start overclocking at 800 mhz @ 900Memo clock... Does the Memory Clock matters ? I got 3 Gb Nvidia GT555m Or should i start slow, 750 Mhz @ 1000 memo ?

I guess your GT555M doesnt like your high OC configuration, lol. Anyway joking aside, yes I think you should start from a lower clockspeed then increase little by little until you reach the most stable point (clockspeed without BSOD), and I dont think it is affected by your mem clock because if you notice, I always have my mem clock at its highest (1080) even when I dont have the modded VBIOS.

Oh and by the way, OC your GPU also doesnt affect by your AV or Firewall because those two are software-related while GPU overclock is a hardware-related. And as I've reply on my previous posts, 810/1620/1080 is BF3's max stable clock, anything higher BF3 would just crash or me, while my max stable clock is 850/1700/1080, at that point all game will crash or worse BSOD.

If you see the "NVIDIA GPU is not detected" error after the BSOD, my suggestion is try do a system restore to the point when you have not OC your GPU, also (I totally forgot to mention this) you should always create a restore point BEFORE you OC your GPU, just in case you'd see that "GPU not detected" error, another way is to try and reinstall your NVIDIA driver though this solution dont usually work for me.

Okay, so i guess 800/1000 is really not working for me... Maybe i should jump it to 810/1620/1000 or 1080 maybe it might work haha... if not i'll just set it back to 770/1540/1000 or 1080. Btw i use an External Monitor while gaming, 1680x1050.... Ohwell... OR should i just call Dell and get them to replace my Motherboard... Tell them after they installed my new Heatsink and Fan (which was 3 days ago) My Graphics card died on me... OR maybe I can call them and get a Replacement.

Okay, so i guess 800/1000 is really not working for me... Maybe i should jump it to 810/1620/1000 or 1080 maybe it might work haha... if not i'll just set it back to 770/1540/1000 or 1080. Btw i use an External Monitor while gaming, 1680x1050.... Ohwell... OR should i just call Dell and get them to replace my Motherboard... Tell them after they installed my new Heatsink and Fan (which was 3 days ago) My Graphics card died on me... OR maybe I can call them and get a Replacement.

If you cannot even get a stable clock @ 800/1000 how are you going to be able to get a stable clock @ 810/1000? That's impossible, I guess it is just your GT555M because it is kind of few of those that be able to get their GT555M to go pass 800/1000 without crashing games or BSOD on them. Btw, since you mention you're playing on an Ext monitor, I suggest you should try the 800/1000 on your native resolution to see if it will handle that resolution.

But still, I also tried play BF3 on my older brother's 1080p Ext monitor with my current OC and it work like a charm though with 5-10 less fps of course.

If you cannot even get a stable clock @ 800/1000 how are you going to be able to get a stable clock @ 810/1000? That's impossible, I guess it is just your GT555M because it is kind of few of those that be able to get their GT555M to go pass 800/1000 without crashing games or BSOD on them. Btw, since you mention you're playing on an Ext monitor, I suggest you should try the 800/1000 on your native resolution to see if it will handle that resolution.

But still, I also tried play BF3 on my older brother's 1080p Ext monitor with my current OC and it work like a charm though with 5-10 less fps of course.

Okay, Good for you... Maybe the problem is because i'm using the Unlocked Vbios ? Anyway i decided to install just the A08 voltage mod no unlocks. So i flashed it and followed the instructions, so after the flas went to bios and reset to default. I'll continue to play and test @800/1000 memo or 1080 and if i get BSOD with the new flash i'll just let it go. OH Btw , is it suppose to be a constant 0.93V or 0.83 when not gaming but boosts up to 0.93V when gaming?

Okay, Good for you... Maybe the problem is because i'm using the Unlocked Vbios ? Anyway i decided to install just the A08 voltage mod no unlocks. So i flashed it and followed the instructions, so after the flas went to bios and reset to default. I'll continue to play and test @800/1000 memo or 1080 and if i get BSOD with the new flash i'll just let it go. OH Btw , is it suppose to be a constant 0.93V or 0.83 when not gaming but boosts up to 0.93V when gaming?

Well, I dont think it is because of you using the unlocked BIOS because I also used to try the unlocked and I can still have my high OC without BSOD/crashing (but this is on the A05 only), for the voltage, I'm not sure about that you might want to ask svl7 for that sorry.

Alright. Should i try reverting back to A05 ? Another research i've been doing... When checking my Ram i came across my GPU on CPU-Z decided to check it, IT SAYS MY MEMO SIZE IS ONLY 1023 Bytes and on GPU-Z it says 3Gb ... so i really dont know... What other software should i download to know which to believe...

Alright. Should i try reverting back to A05 ? Another research i've been doing... When checking my Ram i came across my GPU on CPU-Z decided to check it, IT SAYS MY MEMO SIZE IS ONLY 1023 Bytes and on GPU-Z it says 3Gb ... so i really dont know... What other software should i download to know which to believe...

For the CPUZ thing, I got that too (I also have the same 3GB but it show 1GB) I think it is CPUZ's bug or something, if you want to see your spec, try either of these program - Speccy or HWiNFO64, but I personally like Speccy better.

For the CPUZ thing, I got that too (I also have the same 3GB but it show 1GB) I think it is CPUZ's bug or something, if you want to see your spec, try either of these program - Speccy or HWiNFO64, but I personally like Speccy better.

Alright, thanks for the help buddy... I'm Gonna Revert to A05 and than Flash to A05 with voltage mod, than i'll test at 800/1080

Well, i manage 800/1080 for an hour on RO2 than lagged abit and got BSOD... I'll continue testing tomorrow. And what type of Nvidia Driver are you using ? Some Nvidia Driver's aint good with overclocking...

Well, i manage 800/1080 for an hour on RO2 than lagged abit and got BSOD... I'll continue testing tomorrow. And what type of Nvidia Driver are you using ? Some Nvidia Driver's aint good with overclocking...

I only use the WHQL version of the driver, because those BETA never work out for my high OC though, the one I'm using is 306.23 WHQL, I used to use the 295.73 WHQL, in fact the 295.73 is the most stable one until the 306.23 came out.

I guess it is not because the version but might be because of your GT555M cant handle high OC, as not all card can do it, it is pretty much varies on cards...

Out of curiosity, whats the highest stable clocks you guys have seen with the voltmod? Right now im rocking a nice 820/1080 (A03) and am very pleased with the gains from the voltmod.

850/1700/1080 was my max (and the maximum for others that I've seen), though that only one game known to work without crashes/artefact/BSOD which is Skyrim, anything else just dead at that range, while 810/1620/1080 is my max for all games.