Garry's Mod Freezing

Summerrefill

Currently I have Half Life 2 and both episodes installed on my computer, as well as Portal and Team Fortress 2. When I play Garry's Mod, I can play with my computer running smoothly (Alienware m14x-r2) but the game will always freeze after about 20 minutes of gameplay, regardless of what I am doing, and regardless of whether or not the computer is plugged in to power. Is this issue with the game installation, or with Garry's Mod itself? Or could it perhaps be a problem with one of my drivers?

• 7 months later...

i cannot help you there but if you are subscribed to a lot of mods in workshop it may freeze while checking over game files. my laptop freezes for about 5 mins on start-up and reads through about 30 gigs of mods (i need help :P) and then starts up with almost no problems. if all else fails try checking the integrity of the file cache in steam and if THAT does not work delete local content and download again, and if that does not work, use a program like revo uninstaller to uninstall all games you have using the source engine, uninstalling directx .net and c++, reinstall your graphics drivers and re download garrys mod " without HL2, portal and TF2" and run it without mods (unsubscribe to all workshop content) and if that does not work... either give up or re-install your OS and if that does not work... sorry? there is not really much else to do

Garry's mod is a very unstable game, oftentimes a server crashes for absolutely no reason every half our. It is really hard to point out what exactly is the problem, but since your PC is a stock model as opposed to a self-built system, I would check the temps. Manufacturers tend to use the same cases and cooling for low end as high end hardware even though thermal design power may very, which may result in your game crashing.