MSI GT70 ONE PSU upgrade

labonator

So i just recieved my i7 3920XM installed it and everything is fine .

But there is a but (always) When i now play games with my overclocked gtx 680m @ 980core +450 on memory i see my gpu usage going down to 70%

Before with the 3630QM i didnt had this problem , so i guess as example in Battlefield 4 everything on ultra on stock gpu i se my usage 99% and cpu in high 70's ( %)

But when i apply my overclock settings on the GPU its goes back to 70%.

Ive checked the temps there on 85c for the gpu and 66 /70 on the cpu . Once again everything stock everything boostes up to 100% usage ( gpu )

Its not thorrtle because ive flashed the MSI EC frimwire that disables that.

So im in guessing that i need a bit more watts , i have now 180watt with these specs : 19.5 V and 9.2 A

Ive looked around and i found this one on a local webstore in the Netherlands its a dell 230 / 240 watt psu .

Laptop adapters - in de Conrad Online Shop voordelig kopen

Thats a fat 70watt upgrade, now i was wondering do i need to do anything ? ive readed some where you need to cut a wire ? or can i just plug it in as it is ?

Does the connector fit ? Any thoughts please ?

Regards ,

Jean Paul

Sounds like throttles issues due to the lack of power from the power adapter - typical issues we've been running into.

Getting a 240W PSU and Throttlestop 5.0 running ON in the background will sort your issues.

You can gell the 240w dell adapter cheaper there: Original Dell Netzteil PA 9E 240W MIT Netzkabel PA9E 19 5V 12 3A | eBay

and if you don't want to cut the power tip, just get a tip converter such as: DC Power Connector FOR Dell 240W Adapter TO P150HM P150EM P150SM MSI GT60 GT70 | eBay

Then you're set.

Ah nice ! , cheers for the fast repley.

The PSU that you linked is the same as in the dutch webstore ( i have there 2 coupons i can use so i get it for 40 euro ) If i do cut the wire ? how to do it ? do i need to go into the PSU it self or can i just cut the cable , strip it and resolder it with the right jack ?

Does anyone has a link or can tell me how to cut the wire ? I have sleeved and made enough of my own cables on my desktop , so i have to tools to do it , im just not into laptop psu's :P

If some one can give me a link or make me a picutre or something i would appreciate it .

I have order a DEll 230 watt psu and recieving it tomorrow !:)

Regards ,

Jean paul

Does anyone has a link or can tell me how to cut the wire ? I have sleeved and made enough of my own cables on my desktop , so i have to tools to do it , im just not into laptop psu's :P

If some one can give me a link or make me a picutre or something i would appreciate it .

I have order a DEll 230 watt psu and recieving it tomorrow !:)

Regards ,

Jean paul

It's pretty simple. To get a clean look you can swap out the entire cable by pulling the PSU apart and soldering directly, or you can just cut off the end of the cable and swap the connectors. You can ignore the small green or blue wire. This is the PSU ID line that only Dell bothers to use. You will have a single +19.5V and a single GND line. Check the polarity of your current PSU with a multimeter, then just check that it matches after soldering the new connector or cable on the new PSU.

Ok , so i had a hour today time and i got into the PSU .

I screwed open the original psu and compared them how to wireing was with the Dell 230W psu .

the both had :

Msi GT70 0NE Original PSU

-Ground Collor : Black

- Vo Collor : White.

Dell 230Watt psu

-Ground Collor : Black

- Vo Collor : White.

- Remaining red wire ( you guys told me before it was a green or a blue one , but it was red :P )

So didnt solderd them of the PCB but just cut them in the mid lengte inside the psu and solderd the orginal cable tough it.

fingers crossed and powerd it on ! YEAH BUDDY worked like a charm !

So then the Overclock where it all was done for .

And it worked in combonation with Throttle stop . got at the OC 99% Gpu load.

And went from everything @ ultra ( except A.A ) from 45 fps stock to 60 fps overclock !:)

I want to thank you for the fast respons !

Regards ,

Jean Pauul

post-17624-14494996349589_thumb.jpg

post-17624-14494996349939_thumb.jpg