no acer love in here

Brian Taylor

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm new here - and instantly saw that category so I thought I should post something here as I had several acer laptops too.

Acer is simple said a company, that produces low-quality laptops and offers on the same side, low quality support.

Thats why I would never buy again anything from this company.

The support is just lame, even if you have an exact description of your problem, a detailed document from a prof. technician about certain problems.

They will just try to deny everything.

I bought my first Acer laptop for approximately 2000€ - 5 days after the warranty ran out, the laptops iGPU said goodbye.

I googled a little bit and found out, that this geforce generation consisted of low quality parts, resulting in defect graphic chips.

While even Nvidia had an official statement regarding this, and offered compensation to the suppliers, acer still denied everything.

Never again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought the V3-772G with GTX 760 and I very happy with my purchase. I would like to overclock the GTX 760M more than the 135mhz limit which I've got at the moment. Maybe mine would be able to overclock better, I'll keep you posted

• 1 month later...
I just bought the V3-772G with GTX 760 and I very happy with my purchase. I would like to overclock the GTX 760M more than the 135mhz limit which I've got at the moment. Maybe mine would be able to overclock better, I'll keep you posted

I also got a V3 772G with the same GPU as you have.

I am wondering if I can overclock my GPU more than the 135MHz limit which I don't think it is possible without the bios modded.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had an aspire 5741 for six years now. It finally died on me the other day (ac port fried I think).

It's amazing to see the gap between those who love and hate Acers. Personally I loved owning an acer. It ran smoothly, trackpad/keyboard never broke down. After a few years it began overheating and I thought it was the end; after cleaning the fans temperatures dropped to normal. The only swap I had to make was an SSD, best decision I ever made. It's been running pretty slow the past year but after changing to an SSD it was lightning quick.

Granted I only used this laptop for schoolwork/internet (same thing) and overall it's been very reliable.

• 2 months later...

Acer is basically the Sister Company of Pakard Bell with the Parent Company being Gateway... I rate all machines very highly.

Repaired tons of laptops 100+ and as far as build quality goes (Motherboards) they are never left wanting and have adequate airflow to the GPU and CPU, they should last many years even the cheaper models.

You of course see the external difference between the manufacturers in the finishing, keyboard quality, touchpads and screens, but inside they are rock solid.

• 2 months later...