120 HZ 3d Screen replacement

I know that Asus had 120 HZ 3d Vision capable screens for there 17 inch notebooks a couple of years ago. I now have an MSI GT60 with the NVidia GTX780m. I was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that sells just the lcd panel that is capable of running at 120 HZ or greater that I could just swap into the bezel so that I can use my laptop with my 3d vision kit with out hooking it up to my 3d projector. I know 3d gaming has decreased in popularity a lot. But after 3d gaming for the last couple of years I have gotten to really like it. Even as it is a 60 HZ refresh rate is so retro in my opinion. If MSI offered a screen on there GT60 with a faster refresh rate I would not have thought twice about it. In my opinion that is the only complaint I have about this laptop. (well other than the itty bitty mouse track pad. LOL)

Thank-you in advance.

Adam

Thank-you for the link xtasker, but I guess I should have clarified.... Is what I am looking for is a 15 inch panel. I now kinda wish I had gotten the GT70 instead of the GT60 as I have been able to find 17 inch panels but have not had much luck with locating a 15 inch 120Hz LCD panel.

I know that Asus had 120 HZ 3d Vision capable screens for there 17 inch notebooks a couple of years ago. I now have an MSI GT60 with the NVidia GTX780m. I was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that sells just the lcd panel that is capable of running at 120 HZ or greater that I could just swap into the bezel so that I can use my laptop with my 3d vision kit with out hooking it up to my 3d projector. I know 3d gaming has decreased in popularity a lot. But after 3d gaming for the last couple of years I have gotten to really like it. Even as it is a 60 HZ refresh rate is so retro in my opinion. If MSI offered a screen on there GT60 with a faster refresh rate I would not have thought twice about it. In my opinion that is the only complaint I have about this laptop. (well other than the itty bitty mouse track pad. LOL)

Thank-you in advance.

Adam

You won't be able to use it as a 3D display anyway. @Prema wrote this:

NVIDIA makes Notebook manufactures pay for licensing 3D VISION per Notebook and per GPU model...the driver checks for motherboard ID, GPU ID, presence of license and "correct" HW ID of internal emitter as well as the HW ID of the internal screen...if for example we brake the line by just changing the internal screen to another revision 3D screen from the same manufacturer, BAM no 3D...

It is possible to get stuff working, but that's not something you just hex in during the lunch brake. ;)

Hello everyone;

I appreciate all the awesome help. Even though NVidia has had there way with this, (is anyone surprised....... anyone?) I still may upgrade the screen as the GTX 780m is more than capable of generating more than 60 FPS in just about every game I have played and without vsync on I sometimes get severe screen tearing. so anyway at least I know that the screens are available. I probable could not find them because I was searching for 3d vision certified screens. LOL. I tell ya I am bout done with NVidia though. After the test results of the new AMD R290 and R290x and with all the issues I have had with NVidia drivers as of late I am seriously thinking of changing my colors of choice to red!!!

• 7 months later...