y400/y410p 750m SLI

wenyongzhe

Hi all. I saw now the 750m ultra bay is available in Lenovo website. It is for the 15'' like y510p. After some research, I found that for 650m version, the GN36(15'') can be fitted in Y400, just some change on the adapter. (Resource:¹ØÓÚY400°²×°GN36ÏÔ¿¨µÄÎÊÌâ_±Ê¼Ç±¾°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É Though is in Chinese). So I think it should be possible to fit 750m in y400or y410p. But I don't know if the bios of these two supports SLI or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks guys. Yes, I know they are same chassis, that is why I am planning to buy the 750m ultrabay for 15''. But still, do I need to flash bios or vbios, or both?

THanks

I just got my ultrabay but it doesn't seem to work, probably needs to flash the bios.

I just got my ultrabay but it doesn't seem to work, probably needs to flash the bios.
I have the GT750M5 as well and tried to use it in my y410p and it doesn't work either. I flashed the latest vbios using a hardware flasher and it didn't show still. Lenovo claims in the Readme file that the vbios is for both y410p and y510p cards. It could be that we both have bad cards, or it might just not work on the y410p in general.

• 3 weeks later...

So is this possible to buy the 650M gt ultrabay and use it in our y410p? I try contacting their reps and I get mixed answers.... the last one I got was that the ultrabay is never coming out as their description in the page doesn't say it supports SLI.... so.... :/ guess I'll have to mod :D.

• 3 months later...
I have the GT750M5 as well and tried to use it in my y410p and it doesn't work either. I flashed the latest vbios using a hardware flasher and it didn't show still. Lenovo claims in the Readme file that the vbios is for both y410p and y510p cards. It could be that we both have bad cards, or it might just not work on the y410p in general.

So, did you managed to make it work?? I have Y410p with GT755 and I can buy now another 755m (Altough is listed for Y510p)

• 4 weeks later...
So, did you managed to make it work?? I have Y410p with GT755 and I can buy now another 755m (Altough is listed for Y510p)

It'll work, you should buy it especially since it's on sale now. I got it working on mine.

Anyways I think SLI'ing between two different GPUs is not good. We'll if they use the same architecture it is possible I believe. But the chances of it failing is extremely high. So I suggest buying the same ultrabay gpu as the default machine gpu. And trust me it does give a quite a good boost.

My order came in today and I can confirm that the GT755M5 for the y510p works on my y410p with GT755M with a little bit of dremeling. The GT755M5 has a thicker bezel so you have to cut some off to make it fit in the y410p ultrabay slot. I bought a 30 dollar dremel tool kit from Walmart, which I plan on returning back. Its slightly tight when you push it in the ultrabay, but it will go all the way in nice and secure. I booted into windows ( windows 8.1 update 1) and open Nvidia control panel and the SLI option shows up. I haven't test any games yet because im still waiting for my 170W power supply (required to power the SLI) to come in at the end of the week. Dont want to risk of damaging my 120W power supply.