DV6000 problems! numerous issues.

flyhotstuff

my dv6000 started behaving erratically, sometimes the webcam would work and then the computer wouldn't find it in the device manager. now the wifi card is not detected (also works sporadically), the sound doesn't work at all, no audio hardware is detected so not even the headphone jack works. it used to overheat and i opened it cleaned all the lint stuck in the heatsink and reapplied fresh thermal paste (the flour and water combo hp used sucks) then the overheating stopped. now i can't really use this computer as the lan has also stopped working. is there anything i can do to fix it? help anyone? please?

• 8 months later...

I believe it is the famous problem the dv6000 has with the video chip as the video (GPU) goes out it will start doing that then the chip will fail that is why you see so many for sale on the web as a parts unit

if you know how to re flow you can fix it but only for a short time

• 2 weeks later...

My brothers HP HDX 18 had a poor implementation of a GT130m or another Nvidia gpu. I bought one and my brother did as well. My unit still working fine and my Mother uses it to this day. My brothers kept failing like mentioned above with the gpu. I repasted but temps better didn't end up helping the unit in the end.

• 2 months later...

Been having some of the same problems with my dv6145us the wifi works sporadically, and on occasion there is pretty bad graphical tearing. It has the a8-3500 APU, been thinking about replacing it with the a10-5750 since it has the same chipset. Has anyone done this? I assume the bios needs flashing and was gonna give it a try for funsies, but its always nice to know it can and has been done successfully.