Y510p Recovery CD does not work!!

jonnyr2008

This is the second time I order the recovery cds for the nearly purchased Y510p. As same, when I select MFG recovery, the recovery progress does not recognize the DISC 3 because no matter how many times I try to insert disc 3, the driver just pop up. I also try other 3 cds, and don't work either.

The bios has been set as legency. hdd has been replace as ssd and set as compatible.

Does anyone have any idea?

Question: Why on earth do you want to use the recovery CD's? Your Windows license is stored in UEFI and a lot of Windows 8/7 are out there.

All the necessary drivers/software are on Lenovo website.

I intended to recovery them once for all, so I ordered it. The original is always the best? Just personal feeling.:32_002:

Question: Why on earth do you want to use the recovery CD's? Your Windows license is stored in UEFI and a lot of Windows 8/7 are out there.

All the necessary drivers/software are on Lenovo website.

Oh, and i just try to install windows by using a win 8 disc, sometimes I will not be able to see the 24 ngff ssd, but I can see it when using recovery disc.

You can't see the NGFF SSD in WIndows because it was never assigned a drive letter. If you look in diskmgmt.msc you will see the drive.

You need to install the ExpressCache software and check that it is working by using the eccmd -info command.

I wouldn't have wasted money on the recovery DVD's either. You could just have taken an image using Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Acronis True Image, Norton Ghost, or some other drive image software of the main HDD and cache SSD before you even started up Windows so you had a fresh factory install image to just restore in a snap instead of re-installing off of DVDs.

You can't see the NGFF SSD in WIndows because it was never assigned a drive letter. If you look in diskmgmt.msc you will see the drive.

You need to install the ExpressCache software and check that it is working by using the eccmd -info command.

I wouldn't have wasted money on the recovery DVD's either. You could just have taken an image using Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Acronis True Image, Norton Ghost, or some other drive image software of the main HDD and cache SSD before you even started up Windows so you had a fresh factory install image to just restore in a snap instead of re-installing off of DVDs.

Thank you for your help. Now I wish I did the clone image. The reason I wanted to order the recovery discs in the very first is I upgrade to win 8.1 and not able to use onekey recovery to downgrade back to win 8. So, I ordered and hoped it can help me out.

And they did not charge me on the discs. I guess it might be because my Y510p is a brand new one.