Sager/Clevo NP9380-s SLI Nvidia Driver 331.xx Microstutter Problem

Hey Guys.

I updated to the latest nvidia 331.xx drivers and was getting great framerates then the games would crash and i would have to reboot. So i rolled back to the default cd driver and updated to the 331.xx before this last driver and now i have microstuter on some of the games like tomb raider and splinter cell with SLI enabled and the games will not go above 26fps :27_003:. UGH. Any ideas?

Hey Guys.

I updated to the latest nvidia 331.xx drivers and was getting great framerates then the games would crash and i would have to reboot. So i rolled back to the default cd driver and updated to the 331.xx before this last driver and now i have microstuter on some of the games like tomb raider and splinter cell with SLI enabled even with the sv7 flash and the games will not go above 26fps :27_003:. UGH. Any ideas?

I am experiencing exactly the same issue with the new nvidia driver 331.65 as most of the games crashes when I am playing, yes and with the previous driver 331.58 I also used to have micro stuttering during the games which comes and goes but there wasn't any problem with the fps.

So is anyone else experiencing the same issue.

I am experiencing exactly the same issue with the new nvidia driver 331.65 as most of the games crashes when I am playing, yes and with the previous driver 331.58 I also used to have micro stuttering during the games which comes and goes but there wasn't any problem with the fps.

So is anyone else experiencing the same issue.

I am using MSI afterburner and put the slight overclock back on the cards and it has fixed the microstutter but i am going to play a couple more games for about an hour to see if the laptop crashes..

I am using MSI afterburner and put the slight overclock back on the cards and it has fixed the microstutter but i am going to play a couple more games for about an hour to see if the laptop crashes..

Do you mean that you have overclocked the cards, if yes by how much exactly. Thx

Do you mean that you have overclocked the cards, if yes by how much exactly. Thx

Yeah i have +100mhz on the core clocks and a +250mhz on the memory clock. i will do further test but it seems to be running ok with these values.

LOL. Good advice BUD. The Nvidia driver was ok i just had the power state on the cards at zero thats why i had microstutter. When i updated the driver it reset the power state but its good now. I reset the clocks back and reset the power state and its a GOod now. Getting 80FPS+ on tomb raider maxed out with FXAA and Sleeeping Dogs getting 100FPS+ on extreme settings. This driver has made a good boost to performance.LOL.

• 2 months later...
LOL. Good advice BUD. The Nvidia driver was ok i just had the power state on the cards at zero thats why i had microstutter. When i updated the driver it reset the power state but its good now. I reset the clocks back and reset the power state and its a GOod now. Getting 80FPS+ on tomb raider maxed out with FXAA and Sleeeping Dogs getting 100FPS+ on extreme settings. This driver has made a good boost to performance.LOL.

Would you be able to tell me where you access the power state on the cards? I am too using latest drivers (R331.82) and its stuttering in the game Blade&Soul. I don't think I have FPS issues either, my issue is the more common FPS dip that SLI cards typically experience.

I can get high fps, but the microstutter comes in which takes off 10-20 fps from every couple of seconds of play time.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guy's,post-22978-1449499718323_thumb.jpg

I'm on svI7's vbios and 332.21 drivers and I'm getting Bsods after playing for 1-2 hours. Temps are all ok Just to test I ran with Fn+1 on 3 times and it's still crashing.

I checked some memdump files and they all point to the Nvidia Kernel mode driver.

Any ideas?