To reiterate what Michael said, yes using the Alienware respawn recovers the partition... if you burn them when you get your system. I do that and install Windows from scratch and used the supplied driver DVD. Then there is no recovery partition, but I have a set of DVD's that would bring that back if I want. After installing all the basics... latest drivers all alienware stuff, I then burn the whole system to system restore dvd's. They will only constainwindows, drivers and preinstalled apps. So i set those aside so I have a fast way to reinstall those and have no recovery partition in the way. I have to find better back up software but in the mean time I use a complete system backup through windows 7 backup center and place a full disk image on an external hard drive in case somethhing goes wrong, everything including all those hundreds of games and programs will be restored and save you hundreds of man hours. Like I said... looking for faster more dependable backup solution and for now the aforementioned does work. If you need to restore Windows 7's image from external drive... start the computer with the Windows 7 sytem restore dvd in (it tells you to birn one when you make first backup) and press F12 to start from it. It's all stright forward on screen prompts from there.

• 1 month later...

Those of you here that have received their M18x could you let us know your first impressions. Brian noted the many problems involved in changing parts and replacing paste on your gpus and CPU. The keyboard material surrounding it and the clips that hold them in place are flimsy. So if there are any other warnings before taking your M18 apart or anything you've noticed that other M18 owners may like to know please post about it here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...