Y500 - Nvidia Optimus

FeaRdXcisionZ

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have Problem with my nividia 650 gt GRAPHIC card on my y400 .. Can you please shed some light on it

I have been experiencing the nvidia video driver not responding error (code 43) for quite a long time now . I have tried everything on the internet so far to fix it and failed installing new drivers changing OS almost all linux distros : / as well but its no use the system would lag and stuck if i enable video card . So currently i'm working on microsofts basic display driver :/

I cannot use my integrated intel graphic card either it cannot be detected . What are my options now ? replacing the motherboard seems costly !!

would bios unlock help ?? or if i get the y400 Removable Graphics GN35 and use it as SLI??

I have already replaced my mother board , ssd under warranty when i had ssd issues(IRST) . After replacement they must have given me a defective graphic card or there must be some BIOS related or Power related issues since I live in INDIA and laptop is from USA .I could not revert them back since my laptop came back to me (in INDIA) after warranty period.

Really appreciate if you could help me on this.

@SMR, if you have tried all possible software solutions then the only option is hardware now. A lot of the Y400/Y500 series overheat so you might be having overheating issues. There is no way to use the Intel iGPU on your model so you are stuck with the Nvidia GPU. Maybe look up some of the cooling/overheating threads and get some ideas about undervolting your stuff to see if that helps.

Also, does this happen on battery or just when plugged in? (or both?)

I would agree with you if i had used my graphic card but right from the day they i got it back from warranty I did not use it :/

they told me it was a new motherboard :/

and it happens irrespective of the power cable plugged in or not .

Earlier i used to experience lag when not plugged in while playing battlefield 3 :)