Choosing between Intel 7260 and Intel 6205

xyz_cityhunter

So i would like to ask for any comment on choosing which wireless adapter, in between the Intel Wireless-N 7260 or the Intel Advanced-N 6205. I've read some forum saying the 7260 model works better in the 5GHz band but since for now i will only be using the 2.4GHz band so that info wasn't quite helpful on leading me towards which one to choose. Can anyone comment out the difference between these 2 models so that i can make a better choice, other than one is newer and another is older?

I think the difference between them is very small.

If those two cards are your only options, i would take the 7260, because its newer.

BUT, if you have the choice i would take a Intel Wireless-AC-7260. This will give you access to Wireless-AC, which can reach almost gigabit speeds (theoretical). This will make your system more future proof as more and more wireless-AC routers come to market.

If you mean the 7260ac.

The 7260 performance is pretty close to 6205 and is little bit (usually unnoticeable) better on both 2.4/5. The 7260 will work with ac and have bluetooth. Though it is 3x the price.

Can't go wrong with either, but 6205 will save you some bucks.

Well, i'm planning to get the 7260n version as in between the 7260n and the 6205n listed in Newegg were just $2 apart...

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more

Just wanted some comments as i cannot find much of a review/article/release news on the 7260... xD

EDIT: Found cheaper ones on eBay but located in China...

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, i realized one problem if i'm were to go with the 7260 that it's not supported on Win7? I search and read around forum then I found out that it's currently supported on Win8 only? If that was true then i guess i will have to stick with 6205...:72:

Intel lists win7 drivers as of 10/21/13 on their site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you're going to be using the card for a while i'd go with the 7260 since it supports ac, though if you don't think you'll have it a long while then go with whichever is cheaper since they'll likely perform about the same. i just ordered a 7260 myself. as i intend on using it for quite some time

• 6 months later...