Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
ooun

MSI GE60-0ND windows 7 preinstalled unlock the bios to boot to from UEFI?

Hello,

I have a question about that is there any possibility to boot the system from UEFI?

Cuz my laptop can't find the operating system if I format my HDD into GPT type....

Thanks a lot =P

You just need flash bios from MSI GE60-0ND windows 8 preinstalled, and then install windows with GPT type.

If flashing the unlocked win7 bios, you will find the "uefi boot" option in the "BOOT" tab. Alter its value into "auto" or "enable" and then enjoy the uefi booting.

It's easy to use the AMIBCP tools to unlock your bios by yourself.

On 24.10.2013 at 7:28 PM, ciwei100000 said:

If flashing the unlocked win7 bios, you will find the "uefi boot" option in the "BOOT" tab. Alter its value into "auto" or "enable" and then enjoy the uefi booting.

I know this thread is quite old, but it seems that the GE60 doesn't support UEFI booting for Windows 7. It hangs at the installation even with SP1.

If somebody got the UEFO boot option working in Windows 7 I would be glad to hear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By samstalk
      Hi
      I have 970M 3GB version and I am looking for unlocked BIOS
      I tried flashing N16E-GT_3GB_84.04.22.00.08 version that i found on this forum, however nothing changed after flash
      Can someone help?
      I attached the screen-shot that shows that nothing changed after flashing
      Thanks in advance!!!

• By amazingmuha
      Hi all any solution to reset my Y500 bios password or to enable VTX without need to access bios I managed to upgrade it from 1.5 to 2.4 as explained and no way I managed to enable VTX or resetting password can you help me whether for free or paid cause i don't want to send it to Lenovo folks they will take long time may be 2 months to replace mother board and if I buy the bios chips and replacing them i can't guarantee the electronic engineer to replace it perfectly and pricking my laptop mother board ...I paid a high price for this laptop and don't wanna lose money again buying new one thanks in advance
    • By elpinto83
      Hi to everyone,
      It seems that the BIOS of my alienware has been broken . How can I do the bios recovery?? Thanks in advance!!
      Regards,
    • By Tseng
      I am thinking of upgrading to Win8.
      If using Win8, I would prefer to change the BIOS from legacy mode to UEFI mode to speed-up booting time.
      In UEFI mode, will all the changes I made in BIOS (advance settings) stay active?
      ex. disable built-in Intel video, boost turbo setting for 3920XM etc.
    • By Jim Zhang
      Hey guys,
      It seems that the majority of posts I have seen so far pertain to the gt series in regards to modded BIOS', overclocking, unlocking etc.
      I was wondering whether anyone had any tips on undervolting the 660m on a GE60-257US laptop, and undervolting the i7-3630Qm.
      I have read that, in order to undervolt, or even adjust the voltage of the 660m in a GE60, one must use a modded BIOS, and I have seen nothing on undervolting the cpu.
      I was following a mod thread posted on the laptopreviews forum by Forge, found here:
      GE60 Optimization/Benchmark/Modding Thread
      but Forge has since put his GE60 up for sale ( which I would very much love to buy, but alas am an international user )
      Thus, there is no new info on the matter. The reason for my interest in undervolting, other than being something techy and cool, is my desire to keep my laptop cool, which is notorious for running ludicrously hot (in the 90-94C range on both cpu and gpu) when gaming or anything resource intensive. The warranty for my laptop is limited and I can't get a better warranty (can't even open the back panel by the looks of things now), so adding copper blocks, sheets and re-pasting is out for the moment. I can't even find a registered serviceman in my area (Auckland, New Zealand) that will stick an mSATA SSD in the thing.
      If you have any tips, or possibly can link me to a person/company in NZ that could help with upgrades/ modding while keeping tghe warranty, it would be much appreciated. (also, Thank the heavens for the auto-save function! I timed out while writing this )
      EDIT: Here is the link to the latest BIOS (hopefully it works):
      http://rapidshare.com/files/12120769/w8_E16GAIMS.513.zip
      I will post a screenshot of GPU-Z as soon as my USB drive is found (or when my new one gets here).
      Here is the screenshot of GPU-Z with the BIOS updated:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.