Sager 9380 120hz 780M SLI, anyone here experiencing black screen in games?

ViTosS

Hey guys, I have one Sager 9380 with 780M SLI and 120hz display, when I'm going to play a game (tested with Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3 and Borderlands 2) after few seconds the screen goes black and the game freezes or crash, do you guys know what is causing that? Have you experienced the same problem or know the solution?

Thanks.

you can mess up your computer by flashing but if you follow the notes correctly then you wont have a issue

i talked to sager today about this and the flickering issue and they said the new patch soposidly fixes it.

check for the update that was released yesterday. 331.xx i think it is.

they are working on my notebook right now running a 48 hour benchmark to see if it fixes it.

you can mess up your computer by flashing but if you follow the notes correctly then you wont have a issue

i talked to sager today about this and the flickering issue and they said the new patch soposidly fixes it.

check for the update that was released yesterday. 331.xx i think it is.

they are working on my notebook right now running a 48 hour benchmark to see if it fixes it.

Really? I'm gonna test this new driver, but in case it doesn't work, how can I be able to recognize if I'm with everything ok to flash de vbios? I mean, I saw the Prema topic and there is some procediments before the flash, but I don't know he just said me this vbios fix the problem but in his oficial topic before flashing a vbios we need to check the version, EC and things like that, do I have to check something before the update or just update?

Thanks again for the answers.

Really? I'm gonna test this new driver, but in case it doesn't work, how can I be able to recognize if I'm with everything ok to flash de vbios? I mean, I saw the Prema topic and there is some procediments before the flash, but I don't know he just said me this vbios fix the problem but in his oficial topic before flashing a vbios we need to check the version, EC and things like that, do I have to check something before the update or just update?

Thanks again for the answers.

Video bios requires a flash, the regular bios is what your talking about for the EC

Video bios requires a flash, the regular bios is what your talking about for the EC

So the Prema topic are for the whole system bios, like a bios for a motherboard in a desktop PC? And the other ones are for the GPU, those don't require anything before the flash? And what is EC?

So the Prema topic are for the whole system bios, like a bios for a motherboard in a desktop PC? And the other ones are for the GPU, those don't require anything before the flash? And what is EC?

i dont know much about the motherboard bios, but the EC has to do with it.

This thread has the answers your looking for, the first post, on what you need to do for flashing the vbios.

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/4980-solved-fix-clevo-p370sm3-sager-np9380-s-120hz-3d-sli-flickering-scanlines.html

I don't remember anyone saying this happened when they updated the display drivers. So this sounds like a hardware issue that Nvidia found, but figured out how to hide it with drivers. I would suggest that you run benchmarks before and after to verify this doesn't hurt performance.

I don't remember anyone saying this happened when they updated the display drivers. So this sounds like a hardware issue that Nvidia found, but figured out how to hide it with drivers. I would suggest that you run benchmarks before and after to verify this doesn't hurt performance.

iether or when i get my laptop back im going to run tests on everything to see if the drivers fixed the issue or if im going to have to flashit, even if its fixed i think im going to flash it anyway with svl7's vbios

Hey guys, I'm new here, and am in the process of ordering a Sager 9380-S. Seems like there are a number of problems that are getting solved by flashing the custom vbios (the one by svl7). Once the laptop arrives, would you recommend flashing the new vbios/updating the drivers, or waiting for a problem to arise?

Hey guys, I'm new here, and am in the process of ordering a Sager 9380-S. Seems like there are a number of problems that are getting solved by flashing the custom vbios (the one by svl7). Once the laptop arrives, would you recommend flashing the new vbios/updating the drivers, or waiting for a problem to arise?

Try the new drivers, which supposedly fixes the issue. If the problem arises, flash it. You'll be golden.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just to make you guys updated, I tried the new driver apparentely was everything ok but I did some alt+tab and everything and the flickering lines appeared and the game crashed with black screen, I'm gonna flash the bios

Just to make you guys updated, I tried the new driver apparentely was everything ok but I did some alt+tab and everything and the flickering lines appeared and the game crashed with black screen, I'm gonna flash the bios

OH HO! So Sager cant fix it. what a surprise! (>.<)

OH HO! So Sager cant fix it. what a surprise! (>.<)

Well, I just tried with the vbios sl7 and the problem still exists (flickering lines) but it is hard to make it to happen, I had to alt+tab 5 times to see the lines, and the screen gone black and driver crashed. I don't know what to do now...

Edit.: Just opened Black Ops 2 and the screen gone black in first few seconds with the new vbios :doubt:

So with the new driver re-introduced the problem even when using the modded vBIOS?!...LOL.

not that im aware. im going to look into that tho, sager told me that flashing the vbios was unnecessary because the driver update the other day fixed the issue. but as we see above, that isnt the case

- - - Updated - - -

not that im aware. im going to look into that tho, sager told me that flashing the vbios was unnecessary because the driver update the other day fixed the issue. but as we see above, that isnt the case
Glad you said that, I'm going to try with the old driver now (327.23)

the 331.xx works with the oc edition of svl7's vbios from what i understood.

hopefully i get my computer on saturday but if not i should have it in hands on monday at the latest. im going to do some tests and post in the sticked thread about this issue.

BudMarley, thanks for the reply.

All of the issues people are having are making me a bit nervous about my order. I'm feeling pretty glad to have stumbled into this forum. To everyone who has been working on this, thanks.

I wish I knew about this issue before I sent my computer for a RMA they couldnt fix. When I get my computer back I'm going to test the snot out of it and see what I can come up with.

I see guys, thanks for the report, I'm using the stock bios, do you know make a boot device for safe just in case something go wrong when I try to flash next time? I saw some thread somewhere saying to creat a .bat and something like that, but I didn't find it anymore

I see guys, thanks for the report, I'm using the stock bios, do you know make a boot device for safe just in case something go wrong when I try to flash next time? I saw some thread somewhere saying to creat a .bat and something like that, but I didn't find it anymore

taken from

http://www.notebookforums.com/t/181387/blind-flashing-and-you

in there itll show you

To run a command automatically at bootup of usb, you need an autoexec.bat

To create the autoexec.bat create a textfile on your flash drive (ex. blah.txt)

Open it up and insert the following command in it 'nvflash -4 -5 -6 [romname].rom' (see fully automated flashing section below for different commands)

Save it as 'autoexec.bat'

The autoexec.bat automatically carries out the provided command at bootup from usb..

THE [romname].rom will be your default rom that was origianlly backed up. the romname cant be more then 8 charaters in size. what i would do is default.rom

I DONT KNOW IF YOU USE THE -4 -5 -6 anymore with the new one!!!!!

check with svl7 first.

also

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/write-simple-batch-bat-file/

to figure out how to create a batch file

Today I have installed the new Nvidia driver 331.58 and I noticed that it has increased the problem, as now the flickering and the scanlines have increased a lot more and even appears at the first few seconds of opening the game while for the previous driver I had to press alt+ tab in order for the flickering to start appearing in the game.

Today I have installed the new Nvidia driver 331.58 and I noticed that it has increased the problem, as now the flickering and the scanlines have increased a lot more and even appears at the first few seconds of opening the game while for the previous driver I had to press alt+ tab in order for the flickering to start appearing in the game.

I forgot, did you flash with svl7's vbios or not?

I can now get the Blackscreen issue as well even on the NVidia 331.65 drivers. It turns out it was my Coolermaster LapAir keeping me from experiencing this issue. On a lark I decided to run my laptop without it and if I am running a SLI enabled/Stereoscopic 3D disabled/120hz refresh I can get the issue once my GPU's heat up enough. The workaround of SLI enabled/Stereoscopic 3D enabled/120hz refresh or SLI enabled/Stereoscopic 3D disabled/60hz refresh still works for me.

Looks like I will be flashing my GPU's with the VBIOS fix after all.

Question: Does the VBIOS updates cause any regressions? Like increased BSOD's? Inability to wake from sleep mode? If not then I will probably follow Bud's instructions to create a flash USB drive with an autoexec.bat backout method just in case.