[HELP]m18xr 2 install windows 8.1 by UEFI+GPT problem

asmc

first, sorry my poor English, im come from china,

today, i has installed windows 8.1, but the desktop show "SERUREBOOT" is misconfig,

when I buttion F2 into BIOS this function is gray, can't modify

then I forbidden GTX675, just HD4000,this function can be modify,buf last i wouldn't use FN+f7 to gtx675

i saw svl7‘s thread, must flash VBIOS,but no find gtx675's vbios at everywhere...

please help me

"Secure Boot" is a 'feature' introduced by MS in windows 8.1. To get rid of that message you need to go into BIOS and enable Secure Boot, save and then boot into windows 8.1. The message will disappear.

The Secure Boot option in BIOS is only available if UEFI is activated.

cheers

I went through this recently myself. While you must also enable the option in your BIOS you must also make sure you set the PK, KEK, DB, and DBX. keys. Only then will SecureBoot be fully enabled. You may have a factory default option which is just fine. You can later on (or before doing this) check in powershell if you indeed have SecureBoot with the "Confirm-SecureBootUEFI" command and "Get-SecureBootPolicy" to see if you have a SecureBoot Policy,

• 1 month later...

1 question windows 8.1 WHY??? This is a AW so I Assume its for gaming, Is there any advantage to windows 8.1 over Windows 7? Not Being a Troll I mean I know for work and Office apps you might need it and in few years 7 will not be supported but would not the easiest Answer be to down grade? There several ways to get the few functions 8.1 has over 7 on 7 so why install windows 8.1 on a AW? What dose it have that 7 dose not other than headaches? Again my question is sincere and Genuine.