Picture of a Clevo recovery menu

navlasop

Hi,

New here *waves* :)

I somehow semibricked my p375sm by enabling secureboot and fiddling with TPM options, so gonna try flashing the bios through fn+b recovery menu.

But as I can't see anything, as the LCD never turns on I can't see the menu.

So, anyone got a picture of the different options in the menu so I can find out what keys to press?

Already tried resetting CMOS battery/cable and external monitor, and one and one ram stick.

So my current theory is that when csm got disabled the 8970m's aren't uefi/secure boot compatible or something. Or it was just a freak timing accident and my mb is just borked, heh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi,

New here *waves* :)

I somehow semibricked my p375sm by enabling secureboot and fiddling with TPM options, so gonna try flashing the bios through fn+b recovery menu.

But as I can't see anything, as the LCD never turns on I can't see the menu.

So, anyone got a picture of the different options in the menu so I can find out what keys to press?

Already tried resetting CMOS battery/cable and external monitor, and one and one ram stick.

So my current theory is that when csm got disabled the 8970m's aren't uefi/secure boot compatible or something. Or it was just a freak timing accident and my mb is just borked, heh.

if no body gets this for you, when i get my computer back from SAGER's RMA dept, ill post up the images you requested. and give you a walk though on the buttons to push.

After I bricked my BIOS & ME chips and soldering the chips out for re-flash, I just bricked the EC, which turns out a bit trickier, so I can't make that shot.

(I really brick stuff regularly beyond any recovery while making the Mods for You guys, so that's nothing unusual).

But essentially you would just have to hit enter at the menu screen to proceed. There are only options for "Reset NVRAM" and "Main Block Update" which are both enabled by default.

That being said, it should be impossible to brick the system by making changes in the F2 BIOS setup, more so with a stock BIOS, which has like 2 options. :P

Take all SSD, mSata & HDD out of the system and if you have put in another brand RAM and take all current ones out, this will force the BIOS to rewrite a major part of the NVRAM. You could also remove the SLAVE GPU, WIFI etc...

Thanks!

If that's all, then I just have to wait for the shops to open tomorrow so I can get a USB thingy for my nexus and root it to acess the usb stick for checking or renaming the rom file. Moving ATM so my main desktop is in storage, gah and taking my p375sm down was soo bad timing.

Oh, and as for the shouldn't be able to brick it with stock bios, I totally agree, but I'm old school bios guy, so im just assuming it was some uefi stuff I shouldn't have touched, or it was just a freak timing that it broke just after I did this.

On the other hand I've tried resetting CMOS two more times with no difference, except the LCD backlight comes on for a second the first time I turn it on after a CMOS reset

Gah.

Okay held fn+b while powering on. Let go after 10 secs.

Laptop reads USB and for some secs and powers down, then powers up again with blinking ac light and a strange pulsating fan noise.

Assuming I hit enter now, andf do so, but been waiting 15 minutes now and nothing more is happening.

Got two Roms on the USB drive, one called P375SM.ROM and one called P375SM028.rom both are copies bios version 1.05 that I got from my retailer and flashed to a week ago.

Suggestions?

Is the blinking ac light and fan pulsating in the sa,me tempo normal for the recovery mode?

Sorry my bad, after entering recovery you have to press the arrow down button twice and then only confirm with Enter button.

Then after about 30 seconds press any key, the system should auto-reboot, though my system always hangs there and needs long power button press to fully turn off.